Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: Get Financially Intimate This Valentine's Day

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: Get Financially Intimate This Valentine's Day

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: Get Financially Intimate This Valentine's Day

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Re: New blog article: Get Financially Intimate This Valentine's Day

On Valentine Day? Seriously?

What happened to flowers, dinner, chocolates?  Ah, the good old days. 

If someone asked about my finances on Valentine Day all they would get is goodbye. 

Message 2 of 4
iced
Valued Contributor

If you're sharing toothpaste/living together and you haven't already had a deep conversation about finances, the relationship is begging for problems.

This sentence:

Research reveals that many people have an easier time talking about matters of politics, sex, death, race, mental illness than about money. In fact, across generations and among both men and women, household earnings, debt, and retirement savings were the most difficult topics to breach. Interestingly enough, it turns out that talking openly about money matters improves satisfaction in a marriage.

Is the key. Talk openly about it once the relationship turns serious/long-term.

It also blows my mind that this is such a hard topic for so many to discuss. If your partner already knows your dark little inadequacies in bed or in your family, there's really nothing in your financial closet that's going to be more frightening.

Message 3 of 4
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Timing is everthing. Why start this conversation on Valentine's Day? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.