cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: How to Avoid Holiday Debt and Stress: Give the Gift of Not Giving

Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: How to Avoid Holiday Debt and Stress: Give the Gift of Not Giving

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: How to Avoid Holiday Debt and Stress: Give the Gift of Not Giving

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: New blog article: How to Avoid Holiday Debt and Stress: Give the Gift of Not Giving

Great article! My family and I started the secret Santa thing for the adults years ago. There's a set limit that everyone is comfortable with. It's not much by the way. 

The little ones definitely get their share of gifts from the family and Santa. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
Citi Custom Cash 6K
NFCU Cash Rewards 8K
Discover IT 2K
Cap 1 600
NFCU auto loan
Message 2 of 5
Jaysee
Regular Contributor

Re: New blog article: How to Avoid Holiday Debt and Stress: Give the Gift of Not Giving

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Great article! My family and I started the secret Santa thing for the adults years ago. There's a set limit that everyone is comfortable with. It's not much by the way. 

The little ones definitely get their share of gifts from the family and Santa. 

My and DH's kids decided on their own that they wanted to have a secret Santa gift exchange this year. Then at least one of my coworkers discussed holding it in their families with their kids. I like the idea tbh as it's a lot less stressful dealing with one present than several.

Message 3 of 5
Jaysee
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Message 4 of 5
sxa001
Established Contributor

A very good article indeed.  I think all of us have been there at least one point in our lives where we wanted to give and ended up putting gifts on cards and carrying a balance.  

I do like the secret santa or the adopting a family in need idea.  For my family it is hit or miss if we do gift exchange, it can be hard to make a fuss about not wanting/needing anything (to avoid seeing any of my family spend money they don't have) with trying to avoid making anyone feel bad.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.