Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prudential stock

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prudential stock

I'm an heir to my sister's estate. The executor of the estate hasn't been forthcoming with the status of the estate, it's been open 5 years. I have recieved a Family Settlement Agreement recently, but am hesitent to sign it.

For instance, in the accounting, there is listed Prudential stock (854.343 shares @ $6.23 per share). I checked online and the value of Prudential common stock has been much greater than $6.23 for the last five years. I'm wondering if there are other types of Prudential stock and what they are? I'm going to request documentation of this transaction but wanted some information before I do.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Prudential stock

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm an heir to my sister's estate. The executor of the estate hasn't been forthcoming with the status of the estate, it's been open 5 years. I have recieved a Family Settlement Agreement recently, but am hesitent to sign it.

@For instance, in the accounting, there is listed Prudential stock (854.343 shares @ $6.23 per share). I checked online and the value of Prudential common stock has been much greater than $6.23 for the last five years. I'm wondering if there are other types of Prudential stock and what they are? I'm going to request documentation of this transaction but wanted some information before I do.

Thanks.

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss....I haven't been involved in any probate/estate related issues directly ~ but 5 years seems strange, maybe there is a good reason for it, but I don't know.

Prudential financial common stock ( PRU ) has traded at over $50 ~ so something isn't right there, perhaps it is a different stock class like you mentioned.  I would definately request additional details in writing.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Prudential stock

I would ask for a full accounting of all transactions regarding the estate, to include what the executor has received as compensation.

Have the material things of the estate been sold or given to anyone?

Is anyone else an heir to the estate?

Is the executor a relative or bank appointed professional?

IMO, do not sign the settlement paper until you have had an opportunity to review all documents.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.