Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing this girl...

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeing this girl...

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Yeah, never again man. I gave her some money to buy a car, she said she will pay me back the following week. Never got anything back yet leave me in the dark. But she knows what's going on. It's good, she's struggling anyway, 3 kids and everything else she got going on. I don't look at it as a bad thing as I used to, it's for a good cause to help her and the fam but it's a lesson learned cause I will never do that again...

And hopefully once more time has passed you can look back on this and realize you have a mild case of Stockholm Syndrome.

It's not stuggling when they're not even trying to change things themselves. It's entirely possible she's working her next boy toy for more money for that car she desperately needs. When you go back and logically and rationally analyze each of the things that happened, you'll see the pattern. Who is stuggling with heavy debt and can't afford a car but can suddenly pay you back in a week if you loan them money?

One thing I also can't tell is if you ever actually met this person in person. There's a lot to unpack here, and I'm still uncertain whether this is a case of abused girl who didn't get the help she needed and matured into an adult train-wreck or straight-up catfishing.

Message 21 of 29
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

I'm seeing this more and more nowadays....people wanting (more) kids without any mention of marriage...has this become the "norm"?

Message 22 of 29
iced
Valued Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

I'm seeing this more and more nowadays....people wanting (more) kids without any mention of marriage...has this become the "norm"?

I see a lot of the opposite. If you're committed to each other, young professional couples see tax and other benefits in being legally married.

Children, on the other hand, are money pits.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

I see a lot of the opposite. If you're committed to each other, young professional couples see tax and other benefits in being legally married.

Interesting!

Message 24 of 29
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

Interesting!

Don't take my word for it: https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/09/pf/cost-of-raising-a-child-2015/index.html

And honestly, that's on the low end. If you're the type who wants to send your kid to private school or college, those numbers really take off.

Message 25 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I bet man, frfr lol. Shhh... is crazy lol. Man, I'm almost gonna be 28, I always want to get married, that ring tho lol!

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

Interesting!

Don't take my word for it: https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/09/pf/cost-of-raising-a-child-2015/index.html

And honestly, that's on the low end. If you're the type who wants to send your kid to private school or college, those numbers really take off.

Totally!

I don't think that most people actually look at the finacials when having kids, they perhaps feel it's just natural or what's expected. Some have that clock ticking and feel there's only a certain window for them. Others wind up with a kid due to unfortunate circumstances. No one truly understand the full cost of raising kids for 18 years, and then some. So I guess that Money Pit reference it aptly applied. Though most of it is overlooked out of Love of being a Parent. After all you cannot put a price on the joy they bring to your life.

That doesn't lessen the stress it can have on Parents, however. 

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude, you are brave enough to move after a month of dating!

You had better sold your car

And bought a bigger one for your new large family in new city)

Message 28 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hahaha done with her bro, she's a thief but it's all good, she needed it more than me. All for a good cause lol. I'm 27 now, gonna hit 28 soon. Man, love ain't easy dude. Just have fun while you're young my dude!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.