Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes you just can't win..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you just can't win..

As a background my wife and I split checking accounts and finances in 1985.  The joint system wasn't working for us.  We divided responsibilities, but it was tilted to my side at the time because I made the most money, I religuished that honor to her around 1987 when she finished night school (marketing) and took a full time job.  I did not regain the title till I was 5 years out from retirement.

Flash forward to last week; I was layed back on the couch watching the playoffs.  My wife was on the loveseat thing doing some paperwork, when she said, 

"I need ya to pay my AE bill this month"

I looked over to her, "didn't I do that last month?"

"I can't remember"  LOL

"Why is it when I loan money folks get amensia?  I'm gonna ask Harvard Medical to do a grant study on the correalation, and see what the deal is"

"Hush its not due for 2 more weeks"

So I said, "hand it here."  I gazed over the statement for about 1 minute then looked over at her, then back down to the statement, repeated, then said, "Help me out here, but I don't see MY name anywhere on this statement, but maybe I'm just missing it?" LOL

"stop being FUNNY, cos my money is my money, and YOUR money is our money"  LOL

"well that ain't what we agreed to 30 years ago sitting at that very table" as I pointed to the breakfast area.

"I gotta lot going on last couple of months, I knew you'd have my back when I bought that stuff"

I got out my Ipad and transfered the money from my checking to hers.  "Alright good to go, make the payment, I'm watching the ballgame."  I don't have any of her online accounts set up to pay out of MY checking.  I ain't that dumb.  Man Tongue  She got her tablet out and made the payment.

"YIpppeee, I'll make it up to ya!"

So I looked back over the statement to see what I bought.  Nail salon visit, grocery store x2 and lunch at Applebee's, that I distinclty remember cos we swiped her card.  "The whole time you said you'd get lunch you knew I was gonna end up paying for it anyway?  Why didn't ya just tell me to swipe mine."   "Cos I wanted the points"  Smiley Frustrated

"I'll pay ya back!"

"Oh yeah, its gonna cost ya"  Man Embarassed

And that was the end of that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sometimes you just can't win..

Haha sounds like a smart woman.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As a background my wife and I split checking accounts and finances in 1985.  The joint system wasn't working for us.  We divided responsibilities, but it was tilted to my side at the time because I made the most money, I religuished that honor to her around 1987 when she finished night school (marketing) and took a full time job.  I did not regain the title till I was 5 years out from retirement.

Flash forward to last week; I was layed back on the couch watching the playoffs.  My wife was on the loveseat thing doing some paperwork, when she said, 

"I need ya to pay my AE bill this month"

I looked over to her, "didn't I do that last month?"

"I can't remember"  LOL

"Why is it when I loan money folks get amensia?  I'm gonna ask Harvard Medical to do a grant study on the correalation, and see what the deal is"

"Hush its not due for 2 more weeks"

So I said, "hand it here."  I gazed over the statement for about 1 minute then looked over at her, then back down to the statement, repeated, then said, "Help me out here, but I don't see MY name anywhere on this statement, but maybe I'm just missing it?" LOL

"stop being FUNNY, cos my money is my money, and YOUR money is our money"  LOL

"well that ain't what we agreed to 30 years ago sitting at that very table" as I pointed to the breakfast area.

"I gotta lot going on last couple of months, I knew you'd have my back when I bought that stuff"

I got out my Ipad and transfered the money from my checking to hers.  "Alright good to go, make the payment, I'm watching the ballgame."  I don't have any of her online accounts set up to pay out of MY checking.  I ain't that dumb.  Man Tongue  She got her tablet out and made the payment.

"YIpppeee, I'll make it up to ya!"

So I looked back over the statement to see what I bought.  Nail salon visit, grocery store x2 and lunch at Applebee's, that I distinclty remember cos we swiped her card.  "The whole time you said you'd get lunch you knew I was gonna end up paying for it anyway?  Why didn't ya just tell me to swipe mine."   "Cos I wanted the points"  Smiley Frustrated

"I'll pay ya back!"

"Oh yeah, its gonna cost ya"  Man Embarassed

And that was the end of that.

Happy wife, happy life? Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA! I like this story. It seems as if you guys are working well with the split checking accounts. I would be lying if I did not inquire about the way she will make it up to you. :-)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.