cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trust but verify even the ones you Love.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust but verify even the ones you Love.

I'm not big on posting, but I want to give a warning to others here. I have used this to help me so I want to give back some. I just turned 50 so grew up not in the card world. In the day they had a machine that you put a carbon paper in and slid it over to make the impression of the numbers (that is why cards had rasied numbers). I stated off my early 20's with not much credit, I paid with cash for everything (3k in the bank always makeing 30k/y). The only credit I had was a local bar that I ate and sometimes drank at that I had a weekly tab at and a auto parts store for my side work again weekly. None of them charged me anything. Now I up and find a wonderful woman that makes me happy and we get hitched. Well that is a change and we get a house and a few cards and all is good. We had everything payed off outside of the house and the few (4) cards are all good. The thing is I worked a lot and the card companys just keep sending preapproved things in the mail. Before anyone says my exwife now was at fault stop. It was my failure to see it (own your mistakes). In the devorce I had 18 cards not 4 and all but 4 were maxed out. Keep an eye on your reports. I have come back now not great, still getting my toes wet in the high 600's from the low 400's after years more of just cash.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Trust but verify even the ones you Love.

Thank you for sharing your story, and welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Trust but verify even the ones you Love.

Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to the foums. Lots of great information can be found here to help you through your rebuild.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.