Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venting

Currently searching for a house with my spouse and we get excited about an area in our price point.

Nothing like my mother to ruin the experience by telling us she thinks we should live in an area my uncle lived in 30 years. Also thinks we should double our budget and think we can always afford a lot more than my spouse and I are comfortable paying.

Just needed to vent.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venting

Congratulations on buying a house at least. Currently actually helping my mom buy a house right now. I'm new to it all

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should respond, "yea, we were really looking in that area and getting ready to put in an offer on a house...but after hearing about the meth labs popping up, we decided we best not look there anymore."
Message 3 of 7
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Don’t you just love how helpful that is? So easy to make suggestions when it’s not your money!! Just stick to your guns, and ignore her, as her opinion has no bearing at all on your decision. Good luck! I’m excited for you and look forward to the time I can be in your shoes 😊

Message 4 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Nod and smile.

Beware of false prophets.
Message 5 of 7
iced
Valued Contributor

Make it clear to them their opinion holds no weight. If they still don’t get it, make it clearer by ceasing all communication with them regarding your home search until it’s bought.
Message 6 of 7
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

So Lucifer may have just a little to do with real estate and Lucifer can tell you - parents.....many times well intentioned - have no clue.

Nod and thank you and unless they are foiting the bill - you need to own it.  Nothing wrong with taking input but as stated above - they need to know they don't own the decision....you do.

Lucifer wishes you good luck and he isn't sure why he is talking about himself in the third person.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.