Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to do right by your significant other

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to do right by your significant other

I've made a few post on other subforums about my situation, as you can tell my by name I am a disabled veteran. I have a plethora of physical and emotional conditions related to my military service and for one or both reasons they have always interfered with my ability to maintain a longterm job.

I'm educated, always made excellent income but never for more than a year or so before one or more conditions would cause a catastrophic interference with my employment.

9 years ago I met my fiance, I walked into an er and saw the most stunning woman I ever saw, she took my breath away. I was a teleradiology manager at the time and was working on my laptop while in her er. We flirted back and forth and at the end of my stay I dropped my number in her hand and walked out the door and we haven't looked back since.

So needless to say she encouraged me to apply for va benefits and my final melt down occurred and I didn't work over 5 years and she supported me while I waited for my benefits. She went broke doing so, and ruined her credit sometimes we fought but she never once wavered in her support of me.

After years of waiting and appeal after appeal finally the day came when a significant deposit was made into my bank account, the day after my birthday in fact. I woke her up at 3 am, and she started crying, not small tears, balling. Not because our financial troubles were answered, but because my years of fighting and going without were over, that I was finally validated. I would never pay a single medical bill, doctors visit or a prescription again for as long as I live.

The following day I took her out for sushi, her favorite meal. Went to our bank payed her 2 behind vehicle payments and made 1 extra, caught her vehicle insurance up. I payed off her past due credit card that was closed but she was paying 10$ a month on because it was all she could do. I put $3,000.00 into her checking account for whatever she needed. I caught up all out behind past due household bills.

I got myself a us bank secured card and a cap 1 secured card and made her an authorized user on the cap 1 card. When it hit her credit report last week her score jumped 65 points and she cried again and thanks me. I asked her to try to apply for the secured discover card and if she could get it I would give her $500.00 for her deposit she did and was approved.

She has full access to the money in my account and I trust her implicitly, what I'm saying is. If you share your life, your heart and your pain, you also share your love and your happiness. Finances come and go but a partner that will stand by your side while you're at rock bottom is worth more than any dollar amount in your bank account. I would give her my last dime and it still would not be enough.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: When to do right by your significant other

@Anonymous wrote:
I've made a few post on other subforums about my situation, as you can tell my by name I am a disabled veteran. I have a plethora of physical and emotional conditions related to my military service and for one or both reasons they have always interfered with my ability to maintain a longterm job.

I'm educated, always made excellent income but never for more than a year or so before one or more conditions would cause a catastrophic interference with my employment.

9 years ago I met my fiance, I walked into an er and saw the most stunning woman I ever saw, she took my breath away. I was a teleradiology manager at the time and was working on my laptop while in her er. We flirted back and forth and at the end of my stay I dropped my number in her hand and walked out the door and we haven't looked back since.

So needless to say she encouraged me to apply for va benefits and my final melt down occurred and I didn't work over 5 years and she supported me while I waited for my benefits. She went broke doing so, and ruined her credit sometimes we fought but she never once wavered in her support of me.

After years of waiting and appeal after appeal finally the day came when a significant deposit was made into my bank account, the day after my birthday in fact. I woke her up at 3 am, and she started crying, not small tears, balling. Not because our financial troubles were answered, but because my years of fighting and going without were over, that I was finally validated. I would never pay a single medical bill, doctors visit or a prescription again for as long as I live.

The following day I took her out for sushi, her favorite meal. Went to our bank payed her 2 behind vehicle payments and made 1 extra, caught her vehicle insurance up. I payed off her past due credit card that was closed but she was paying 10$ a month on because it was all she could do. I put $3,000.00 into her checking account for whatever she needed. I caught up all out behind past due household bills.

I got myself a us bank secured card and a cap 1 secured card and made her an authorized user on the cap 1 card. When it hit her credit report last week her score jumped 65 points and she cried again and thanks me. I asked her to try to apply for the secured discover card and if she could get it I would give her $500.00 for her deposit she did and was approved.

She has full access to the money in my account and I trust her implicitly, what I'm saying is. If you share your life, your heart and your pain, you also share your love and your happiness. Finances come and go but a partner that will stand by your side while you're at rock bottom is worth more than any dollar amount in your bank account. I would give her my last dime and it still would not be enough.

Sounds like a keeper to me. I personally never found my Cinderella, always attracted the evil step-sisters. After my divorce, my friends would try to convince me to find another, stating that I just got a bad one and they weren't all bad. Maybe not, I'd say...but I don't trust my judgement, that woman would look me straight in the eyes and tell me she loved me, and I believed her. So now I have trust issues with women. Not saying they are all bad, in fact there are women I trust completely, but dating family members is wrong.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sarge I hear you, I was the same way. The exact same way. I walked into this er and I was floored. She took my breath away. There isn't a day go by that I don't sit here and wonder what in the hell is she doing with a idiot like me. She has seen me at my worst and she still loves me and I am eternally grateful for that. I don't deserve her.

I can't say when, but you'll find her, and I can honestly tell you this. Getting your feelings walked on and your heart ripped out hurts worse than any physical pain any man can ever endure but it's worth it when you find the right one, or rather when she finds you. Though I walked into her er she chose to call me after I gave her my number, I damn sure didn't choose her.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better or worse... sickness or health... that's what it's all about. I'm glad you found your soul mate. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Beautiful story. Wonderful testament to what must be a beautiful human being. Congrats, and I agree wholeheartedly. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So very glad for you, it sounds like you really deserve some beautiful things in your life.  

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This brought tears to my eyes. What an awesome thing that you found the one that you are destined to be with through sickness and health. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm sorry that I haven't responded sooner, we were packing and moving which was a nightmare.

Tidegirl, thank you I truly have!

805 thank you so much, she is and I'm truly fortunate.

Coyotemist I don't know if I deserve them, I surely don't deserve her but I will do my best to keep her!

Smc thank you so very much, I'm a lucky man. She completes me in every conceivable way.
Message 8 of 11
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

I love this!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful story. Love really does conquer all.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.