Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Why I lie to my parents about how much money I make"

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Re: "Why I lie to my parents about how much money I make"

I do this too. My mom gets very upset that I ''never have any money''. Really tough when I live in the house with her. Granted, I pay HALF the rent. The issue is that she feels ''entitled''. She's one of those people with good credit (700s), bad finances. She doesn't have a savings account at all and always barely scurbs by. I warn her about keeping money, but she feels like ''eveyrthing is an emergency''. She had a car that she paid off....then guess what? She got another one. Now she's ''struggling'' in a lose sense of the word. She has some money left over, but is still paycheck to paycheck. 

I like to protect the both of us. She claism that I'm ''focusing on too much on my credit''.  What she doesn't realize is that my credit score is messed up because I kept thinking of her. No more. Not that I won't help, but sheesh. Ever ''bailout'' turns into another financial crisis. 

Message 21 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@kingkai1990 wrote:

I do this too. My mom gets very upset that I ''never have any money''. Really tough when I live in the house with her. Granted, I pay HALF the rent. The issue is that she feels ''entitled''. She's one of those people with good credit (700s), bad finances. She doesn't have a savings account at all and always barely scurbs by. I warn her about keeping money, but she feels like ''eveyrthing is an emergency''. She had a car that she paid off....then guess what? She got another one. Now she's ''struggling'' in a lose sense of the word. She has some money left over, but is still paycheck to paycheck. 

I like to protect the both of us. She claism that I'm ''focusing on too much on my credit''.  What she doesn't realize is that my credit score is messed up because I kept thinking of her. No more. Not that I won't help, but sheesh. Ever ''bailout'' turns into another financial crisis. 

You definitely have to take care of yourself before you can put yourself in the position to help others. Remember your long term goals and things will fall into place in your mind the way they are supposed to. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 23
kingkai1990
Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@kingkai1990 wrote:

You definitely have to take care of yourself before you can put yourself in the position to help others. Remember your long term goals and things will fall into place in your mind the way they are supposed to. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the support. 

I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but I'm pretty good a predicting when a big event will occur that wipes out are finances and the cycle continues. Getting' real tired of having to bail people out and mess up my score. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.