Did you mean: 

100 new Discover It card designs

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card Designs

@Anonymous wrote:

@TSlop wrote:

Hmmm, if that carbon black comes to my list, I am going to jump on it. I've been using Dawn of Discover for a few months now, and just requested a new design. I am only showing the 141, so that black #142 eludes me.

Yeah I would jump on the carbon fiber in an instant. 

I usually check my accounts nearly everyday, so now I'll have to make sure to go into the add card section to see if the number ever increases 142.

Message 141 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSlop wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TSlop wrote:

Hmmm, if that carbon black comes to my list, I am going to jump on it. I've been using Dawn of Discover for a few months now, and just requested a new design. I am only showing the 141, so that black #142 eludes me.

Yeah I would jump on the carbon fiber in an instant. 

I usually check my accounts nearly everyday, so now I'll have to make sure to go into the add card section to see if the number ever increases 142.

LOL well I'm hardly ever on the website so if you get it, please update us here so we can check too. Smiley Happy 

Message 142 of 155
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Youd think with all the affection I get from Miss Disco, shed offer me the carbon fibre look plastique....

Yes.. Im keeping an eye out for it....

-J

Message 143 of 155
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My account has been targeted for different designs in the past, but those designs were tied to being a Premium Plus member. This design could just be a limited rollout of a new design before it's more broadly available. There is nothing that says exclusive so I'm sure everyone can eventually request it. Capital One offered select Savor accounts early access to metal cards, about a year before they were available to everyone. 

Message 144 of 155
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

I never heard of the Premium Plus until now. That’s why I like this site, I learn something new all the time. But based on the $40k annual spend requirement, I won’t be seeing an invite from Discover...but that carbon fiber design is still sweet.

Message 145 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I didn't see anything on the Internets about the carbon black design. Maybe I'll start a chat with Discover and see what they say. The last time I talked with them about card designs, they did not really know anything about them besides just what is showing on the website. I was asking about the pink one, and they couldn't tell me if it was flat pink or metallic pink (like the metallic greenery). If it is a special design for Premium Plus (also never heard about that until now), then I'll stop dreaming about it.

Message 146 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

I didn't see anything on the Internets about the carbon black design. Maybe I'll start a chat with Discover and see what they say. The last time I talked with them about card designs, they did not really know anything about them besides just what is showing on the website. I was asking about the pink one, and they couldn't tell me if it was flat pink or metallic pink (like the metallic greenery). If it is a special design for Premium Plus (also never heard about that until now), then I'll stop dreaming about it.

As expected, I got nowhere.

The first response said, "I do apologize, we do not have that design available." So I asked why.

"Not all cards are available to all card members." So I asked what criteria is involved to get it?

"Not all designs are available just depending on the type of card you have."

I asked one more time for more information about how to get the carbon fiber design, and they said, "That's great that you're interested in one of our card designs! Unfortunately, at this time, this specific design is not available on your Discover it card."

I couldn't get any further. They kept going back to "that design is not showing in your account" and wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me about that design or how to get it. I know that is only one conversation with one rep... but it must be super secret!

Message 147 of 155
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

My account has been targeted for different designs in the past, but those designs were tied to being a Premium Plus member. This design could just be a limited rollout of a new design before it's more broadly available. There is nothing that says exclusive so I'm sure everyone can eventually request it. Capital One offered select Savor accounts early access to metal cards, about a year before they were available to everyone. 

It's all making sense. Premium Plus, Big Spender. Thanks for the data.

Here's a similar thread on Discover it BLACK cards from 2017. Dinosaur's post in the thread is relevant.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Black-DISCOVER-IT-Card/td-p/4866763

Message 148 of 155
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

If it is a special design for Premium Plus (also never heard about that until now), then I'll stop dreaming about it.

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

I never heard of the Premium Plus until now. That’s why I like this site, I learn something new all the time. But based on the $40k annual spend requirement, I won’t be seeing an invite from Discover...but that carbon fiber design is still sweet.

That program ended years ago. I was only using that (and Capital One) as examples of designs being tied to different things that may later get a wider launch. 

@kerplunk wrote:

Here's a similar thread on Discover it BLACK cards from 2017. Dinosaur's post in the thread is relevant.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Black-DISCOVER-IT-Card/td-p/4866763

Premium Plus has since ended and here's the original thread that I started about it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Upgrade/td-p/1582356 Afaik the Discover It design choice in all black was a test color. CS can only see the designs linked to your account so I would just periodically check the site for new designs. 

Message 149 of 155
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@TSlop wrote:

If it is a special design for Premium Plus (also never heard about that until now), then I'll stop dreaming about it.

@AZ-Jeff wrote:

That program ended years ago. I was only using that (and Capital One) as examples of designs being tied to different things that may later get a wider launch. 

@kerplunk wrote:

Premium Plus has since ended and here's the original thread that I started about it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Upgrade/td-p/1582356 Afaik the Discover It design choice in all black was a test color. CS can only see the designs linked to your account so I would just periodically check the site for new designs. 

Thanks for the info! I'm just going to keep checking and hope that they make it more widely available. I'll certainly update this thread if I ever see it. 

Message 150 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.