Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-7/30 day/ flat denial

tag
Shayevans
Established Member

5-7/30 day/ flat denial

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference or a trend of some sort, when you online app for a CC and get the  5-7, 30 day, or flat denial. What  usually is the outcome? Like one means high chances of approval the other means very low chances etc... Sorry if there's already a thread on this , I didn't find one. Thanks in advance

i mean I realize the denial is a denial but is there a different outcome usually when you get the 5-7 day vs  a 7-10 or a 30 day. I mean if it doesn't flat deny you than that means there is some sort of a chance right? 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Galaim
Contributor

Re: 5-7/30 day/ flat denial

@Shayevans wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference or a trend of some sort, when you online app for a CC and get the  5-7, 30 day, or flat denial. What  usually is the outcome? Like one means high chances of approval the other means very low chances etc... Sorry if there's already a thread on this , I didn't find one. Thanks in advance

i mean I realize the denial is a denial but is there a different outcome usually when you get the 5-7 day vs  a 7-10 or a 30 day. I mean if it doesn't flat deny you than that means there is some sort of a chance right? 

My own recent experience has been one auto-approval (Barclaycard, pulled TU) and then 2 5-7s and 2 7-10s (CapitalOne, Wells Fargo Rewards, Torrid/Comenity and Chase. I don't recall which card was which message.) All were approved in the end, but those that went to either the 5-7 or the 7-10s were all pulling EX or EQ, where I have fraud alerts. They all just wanted to talk to me prior to approving, as they should. However, one lesson I did learn was that they won't just leave a darned message. If you see a 1-800 number come up on caller ID, pick up the phone, as they'll just decline without leaving a message if they don't get ahold of you.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 2 of 5
Shayevans
Established Member

@Galaim wrote:

@Shayevans wrote:

My own recent experience has been one auto-approval (Barclaycard, pulled TU) and then 2 5-7s and 2 7-10s (CapitalOne, Wells Fargo Rewards, Torrid/Comenity and Chase. I don't recall which card was which message.) All were approved in the end, but those that went to either the 5-7 or the 7-10s were all pulling EX or EQ, where I have fraud alerts. They all just wanted to talk to me prior to approving, as they should. However, one lesson I did learn was that they won't just leave a darned message. If you see a 1-800 number come up on caller ID, pick up the phone, as they'll just decline without leaving a message if they don't get ahold of you.

so far my experience has been, barclaycard 7-10, came back approved, care credit instant and true value instant but everything else I have gotten 5-7, 7-10  etc... Was all denied however I was just wondering, what makes you get flat denials, if it's not an immediate denial then there's something pleasing to their eye??  I originally posted this because I was waiting on a decision from discover it but just in I was denied after calling them to check status.  soooo. Smiley Happy I'm just going to garden a while as I should have been doing anyway, but I was trying to get another card that wasn't a store card besides my barclaycard.  Thanks galaim 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores
Message 3 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I either get instant approvals, or instant denials.

The one instant denail from a lender I can no longer recall instantly denied recon.

My 5-7's come back with approvals, but with much lower limits than my instant approvals.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 5
Shayevans
Established Member

@Repo-ed wrote:

I either get instant approvals, or instant denials.

The one instant denail from a lender I can no longer recall instantly denied recon.

My 5-7's come back with approvals, but with much lower limits than my instant approvals.

Thank you. I thought I had a shot  at discover it, I got 5-7 but when I called they denied me, offered me a card with a cosigner. But the only baddies I have on my report are from two accounts that  were joint so I'm never doing that again even if this is in a different direction(me being the payee). I also have 4 collections all medical, less than 250. I have several cards now but their store cards  and barclay rewards. Oh and all 3 months old and less. My reason for denial was collections. 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.