Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/27/20 LAX->CDG: Pipe Dream?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: 8/27/20 LAX->CDG: Pipe Dream?

@iced wrote:

If your flights are cancelled by the airline for whatever reason, you're entitled to a refund, even on nonrefundable or award tickets. If you want to go in August and are willing to go if the flights are going, you have nothing to lose by getting them now. If we're still quarantined, you get your points/money back, and if we're not, you're good to go.

Can't speak for the lease, but worst-case scenario you're only out $1150. I think that in the current situation they'll be flexible, too.

If it were me, I'd book it and not sweat it right now, but that's me. You'll have to decide what you want to do.

hey iced, yeah I did book them based on exactly what you said.  thank you.  as a side note these DL 777-200s are genius.  I guess they must have sent the fleet to boeing to get the refresh, they are kind of mini 787s... they did a dreamliner treatment to them.  large HD screens, charging ports, new ventilation and lighting, more leg room in main, etc.  totally serious, they are by far the nicest little jet I have been on for a while and the flight crew and food were excellent.  just hope everyone makes it past this so we can enjoy travel again

edit, used pts and the auto europe lease is full refund outside of 22 days.  great company, this will be my 4th lease.  hopefully

Message 11 of 14
iced
Valued Contributor

I'm personally partial to the new configuration DL 767-400. For daytime flights, Premium Select cabin is 2-2-2 so you're getting a window or aisle, and the One cabin is 1-2-1 for guaranteed aisle access.

Message 12 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@iced wrote:

I'm personally partial to the new configuration DL 767-400. For daytime flights, Premium Select cabin is 2-2-2 so you're getting a window or aisle, and the One cabin is 1-2-1 for guaranteed aisle access.

well I bet you are but I fly out of lax and I don't think its offered here.  what city pairs are you using?  interior looks outstanding from the vids

DL 767-400.PNG

Message 13 of 14
iced
Valued Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@iced wrote:

well I bet you are but I fly out of lax and I don't think its offered here.  what city pairs are you using?  interior looks outstanding from the vids

DL 767-400.PNG

Home airport is BOS and so I get the BOS-LHR route as a quick springboard to Europe on the 767. My trips on that route have toggled between DL and VS. I actually ever so slightly like the VS seats more, but it's a 2-3-2 on their A330 so if I think the flights are full I'd take DL metal. Both are a bit better than LH's premium economy offering, but if I'm not flying to LHR, chances are VS or DL aren't going to be competitive (who wants to connect in LHR, after all).

I only once got to try the old config DL 767, and that oddly enough was on a BOS-SLC flight. My guess is they were flying it out to get refurbished.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.