cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A YTuber made a Q & A vid from this forum.

tag
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

A YTuber made a Q & A vid from this forum.

I believe back in 2020 we were fortunate enough to have questions answered by FICO Score Experts. A YTuber created a video called " 4 FICO Scoring Company MANAGERS Give High Credit Score Hacks" where he uses some of the questions and answers (word for word) in his video from this thread https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/We-re-Tom-Quinn-amp-Tommy-Lee-FICO-Score.... The video currently has approximately 1.2k views and uploaded 2/14/2024.  I thought it was interesting and maybe free advertising for MYFICO, but in his vid he doesn't tell viewers where to find their FICO scores.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A YTuber made a Q & A vid from this forum.

where all youtuber "experts" get their information is from places like this and don't cite their source and/or give credit.    yet they try to monitize on information

Message 2 of 8
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

where all youtuber "experts" get their information is from places like this and don't cite their source and/or give credit.    yet they try to monitize on information

I believe you. 

He made it seem like he reached out and they responded to him. Buuut, I guess to give himself more credibility he did mention who the experts are.  Below is a screenshot taken from his video. 

ytuber.JPG

Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Post a link to the thread and ask them to cite their sources next time. 

On a side note, the number of affiliate links. 😂 He's getting his hustle on. I'm not gonna fault them for making the video because it saves a person having to read through the entire thread, but it can be really annoying to do all the work of gathering the data and answers to questions only for someone else to capitalize on it. 

Message 4 of 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

On a side note, the number of affiliate links. 😂 He's getting his hustle on. I'm not gonna fault them for making the video because it saves a person having to read through the entire thread, but it can be really annoying to do all the work of gathering the data and answers to questions only for someone else to capitalize on it. 

the referral links are longer than the video Smiley Very Happy

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 5 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GZG wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

the referral links are longer than the video Smiley Very Happy

I don't think I've ever seen another video with more affiliate links. 

Message 6 of 8
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  @GZG 

STAAAAHHHHPPP!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

I saw the massive list of links and searched to see if maybe (just maybe) MyFICO is listed...nope!  This forum has helped so many.  It's a shame he couldn't even be bothered to mention it.  I'm not faulting his "hustle" either, but the entire vid just leaves a bad taste.   He didn't even try to paraphrase!! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

He basically just read the answers in order. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.