cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T wireless sucks / how are you doing?

tag
dizzier
Established Contributor

AT&T wireless sucks / how are you doing?

yeah that's right... i said it.

My calls drop CONSTANTLY. sometimes I dial a number and it refused to connect, i just get deadair meanwhile the person on the other end of the phone is screaming HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I never had these kinds of problems with T-mobile. Worst part... i still have 1.5 years of contract left with these idiots! I never would have switch, but tmobile does not operate in the state i moved to.

grrrrrrr! (sorry had to vent.)

___

hello everyone... how are you?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AT&T wireless sucks / how are you doing?

Can you hear me now?

AT&T is doing fine by me/us. In the past we had Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Nextel, T-mobile, and now Cingular/AT&T and of all of them AT&T it the best.

Now the only downside is we don't get service in our home. I guess it is the brick and bottom of the hill location that is doing us in. But none of the other networks worked either.

I change cell phones frequently (1-2x per year). I have noticed a change in reception based on the quality of the phone. For example, DW had the Treo 650. The reception was good. No problems. However that phone turned up missing at the mall one day and I got her a freebie phone from LG. Reception was terrible. It would conk out frequently, as you described. Then I got her for Christmas the i-phone. Reception is great! It is better that any phone we ever had and sometimes works inside this house.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH and I have used T-Mobile for years.  No complaints.
Message 3 of 12
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

It all really depends on your location. Coverage varies, and one provider may be great in one area but horrible in another.

I'm in the San Francisco area and AT&T coverage is awesome. I'm often getting reception where my friends (who are on sprint, verizon, nextel) get none.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the tricks I learned when I had t-mobile several years ago is to power off the phone for a couple of minutes when you change locations.  This causes it to search for new satilites that may give you better reception in your new area.  Also it sends your phone back to the top of the priority list for the area.  I still use this when having trouble with my ATT phone and it seems to help.
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Doing OK here in Verizon land, although going broke paying that monthly bill!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Once dh goes to blackberry (again) we're adding $30/monthly.  I had to figure out how to take $30 from the budget, did it by drinking at home.

Message 7 of 12
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

I've been with Cingular/AT&T for 4 years now.  I hated them for a long time, and after Katrina and Rita their service was so bad I had to get an Alltel phone temporarily.

For whatever reason, their service has improved tremendously here lately so no more complaints from me.

Sorry they have you pulling your hair out right now, dizzier.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had AT&T hated it.  Switched to Verizon, I have been very happy.  They even took $50.00 off my bill when my teenager went over our minutes.

EQ596
EX611
TU592

Just beginning the credit repair process

Message Edited by chpdj on 08-19-2008 01:04 AM

(Edited to remove links --Peas)

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 08-19-2008 06:08 AM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Phoenix.  Alltel was the ONLY carrier that worked around here for Katrina.  My hubby and kids left the area and they couldn't get through to me (AT&T) to find out if I was okay or not.  The landlines were down and everything.  The hospital I work for got Alltel because of that reason, but I like AT&T.  I just hope that it works the next time a hurricane comes.  No one can predict Mother Nature - UNFORTUNATELY.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.