cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

tag
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

I think I'm obsessed with improving my credit now. Every day I'm checking. Just paid off a charge off and I'm anxious to see the impact on my score. Just zero balance all my cards for 2 month in a row. Only 1 card has reported in last 2 months, like $50 maybe. Anxious to apply for my first multi-family house mortgage. Anxious to try to get my pre approved Navy Federal and get my money back from my secured card. Anxious to see what mortgage does to my credit. I'm saving up for a pretty sweet ride, anxious to see how good of a rate I'll get.

In short, I'd like a time machine to skip to April please!

Everyday I have my credit card calandar spread sheet. Checking to see which cards are closing soon. Constantly checking credit card payments to see if they get done in time before closing.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. **bleep** it. It's still at 717 fake score and 651 FICO. Smiley Sad

Should I seek help? Smiley Happy

May 2022: TU Fico 8: 692 | EQ Fico 8: 713 | EX Fico 8: 708
NFCU Flagship Rewards $25,000 | Capitol One $750 | TD Bank $1000 | Bank of America $3000 | Wells Fargo $500 | Amazon $4000

Charge Off from 2015: Municipal Credit Union $5300 ($6500 limit)[PAID IN FULL]
Credit Age: 4 years | Inquiries (6/12/24 month): 12 mo | Debt to Income ratio: 10%
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

@visualfxpro wrote:

I think I'm obsessed with improving my credit now. Every day I'm checking. Just paid off a charge off and I'm anxious to see the impact on my score. Just zero balance all my cards for 2 month in a row. Only 1 card has reported in last 2 months, like $50 maybe. Anxious to apply for my first multi-family house mortgage. Anxious to try to get my pre approved Navy Federal and get my money back from my secured card. Anxious to see what mortgage does to my credit. I'm saving up for a pretty sweet ride, anxious to see how good of a rate I'll get.

Everyday I have my credit card calandar spread sheet. Checking to see which cards are closing soon. Constantly checking credit card payments to see if they get done in time before closing.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. **bleep** it. It's still at 717 fake score and 651 FICO. Smiley Sad

If you want to pay for each new "refresh" then I am sure you can do it as many times as you want in a day (huge waste of money as major updates to reports tend to happen once a day); otherwise, I am not aware of any CMS that let's you refresh multiple times a day. 

Message 2 of 26
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

I would try to focus on other things, besides credit, yes. It can be a bit much after a while of obsessively checking.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 26
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

What I'm really doing is waiting for the credit card companies to report my latest statements so I can see my score updates. However it's kind of stupid since I have the schedule already and I know I won't see anything until the 11th maybe but I can't help myself from constantly checking. Smiley Sad

NFCU Flagship Rewards $25,000 | Capitol One $750 | TD Bank $1000 | Bank of America $3000 | Wells Fargo $500 | Amazon $4000

Credit Age: 4 years | Inquiries (6/12/24 month): 12 mo | Debt to Income ratio: 10%
Message 4 of 26
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Hahaha, you sound like me! I do the same, hah. Good luck on raising your score, definately good to see Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@visualfxpro wrote:

You're scaring me. I see a little of myself in you Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Been there, done that.

...still do it sometimes...

All things in time.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 26
whoelze

Hello boatmate! I'm right there with you. Since i started my rebuild last month, I've been pulling up my reports at least once a day. I signed up for free accounts with the three CRBs just so I can look at my credit reports. I look at reports, look at credit card accounts (thankfully only 4), and hop on to this forum...in that order and repeat. Then up until yesterday, I only had my FICO 8 (from EX free account) and FICO 9 (EX from Patelco CU) scores. so i finally gave in and signed up for the myFICO quarterly plan to see the rest of my scores.

It's just satisfying to see something on your reports improving....even when it's just reported balance updating to a lower amount.

Ch. 7 - 05/14/2021 : Discharged - 08/30/2021

FICO 8 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 653 EX = 608 TU = 622

FICO 9 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 713 EX = 660 TU = 701
Message 8 of 26
babbles
Established Contributor

Ok, i'll admit, I have a credit addiciton problem,  I check my reports several times a day; credit k, fico, experian knowing they haven't changed and I check them at the start of every morning

Message 9 of 26
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

@babbles wrote:

check my reports several times a day; credit k, fico, experian knowing they haven't changed and I check them at the start of every morning

That is the addiction part, right there. When you are checking when you know there is nothing to check, you have gone too far. lol

I know I need to wait until maybe Monday but I keep checking just in case I'm wrong. I think, "what if I forgot one closing date and they report balance on same day?". lol

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.