cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

tag
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

Ladies and gents I have GREAT NEWS!!! They FINALLY updated my credit! So with doubled Amazon credit to $4k with  no balance and my credit use to 1% with all cards zero exept one, I've gained...TWO POINTS! Man my FICO is CRAWLING. My Vantage (below) actually has moved well but FICO seems stuck. I think it's the charge off I just paid off. I think no matter what I did, they held my score back because of that. Let's see what happens when it is updated to paid in full.

Credit2PointsGain.JPG

May 2022: TU Fico 8: 692 | EQ Fico 8: 713 | EX Fico 8: 708
NFCU Flagship Rewards $25,000 | Capitol One $750 | TD Bank $1000 | Bank of America $3000 | Wells Fargo $500 | Amazon $4000

Charge Off from 2015: Municipal Credit Union $5300 ($6500 limit)[PAID IN FULL]
Credit Age: 4 years | Inquiries (6/12/24 month): 12 mo | Debt to Income ratio: 10%
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I a credit addict? How many times can I refresh my credit report in a day?

are you new to credit relative stuff? if so, i can understand. Back when i first started learning all this credit stuff, i was literally pulling all nighters to understand the ins and outs and how everything works. looking back, it was a tad crazy lol

Message 22 of 26
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

are you new to credit relative stuff? if so, i can understand. Back when i first started learning all this credit stuff, i was literally pulling all nighters to understand the ins and outs and how everything works. looking back, it was a tad crazy lol

This is the stage I'm at right now. So much to learn! And when I think I know something, I find out there is even more I don't know.

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 23 of 26
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

I started learning about credit maybe 4 years ago, when I had a wake up call. Most of my life I thought being good with money meant good credit. I was living on cash with no credit cards or debt. Then things heated up in last year maybe as I approched 700 AND looking to buy a house. The house is a BIG driver as I'm trying to get those rates.

NFCU Flagship Rewards $25,000 | Capitol One $750 | TD Bank $1000 | Bank of America $3000 | Wells Fargo $500 | Amazon $4000

Credit Age: 4 years | Inquiries (6/12/24 month): 12 mo | Debt to Income ratio: 10%
Message 24 of 26
Mochita

It's definitely good to know that I'm not the only one that does this! It's such a sense of accomplishment each time you see green points and the + sign going upwards! 

Starting Score: FICO 8 580
Current Score: FICO 8 EQ 637, FICO 8 TU 630, FICO 8 EX 641
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
visualfxpro
Regular Contributor

LOL. I'm a snob now. Now that I'm getting offered lowest interest rates, and getting approved for whatever mortgage I want, I don't care anymore. I stopped checking daily maybe a month or two ago after I saw I had good enough score to get what I need for mortgage.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.