cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one a "little" bummed about the Marvel Card?

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Am I the only one a "little" bummed about the Marvel Card?

My sweet Marvel card. 3% on meals, endless conversations over the years, and who better to have guarding your wallet than the World's #1 Billionaire/Genius/Playboy/Philanthropist?  I'm actually sad to see it go. 😥

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Am I the only one a "little" bummed about the Marvel Card?

@805orbust wrote:

My sweet Marvel card. 3% on meals, endless conversations over the years, and who better to have guarding your wallet than the World's #1 Billionaire/Genius/Playboy/Philanthropist?  I'm actually sad to see it go. 😥

I am kinda glad, gives me less exposure with SynchSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Wow... harsh 🤣  I guess I'm not upset about that either, but I'm not that deep with Sync anyway. My Marvel card was only a 6k limit but it was definitely the coolest card to have. I am a pretty committed Marvel geek also so...

Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@805orbust wrote:

Wow... harsh 🤣  I guess I'm not upset about that either, but I'm not that deep with Sync anyway. My Marvel card was only a 6k limit but it was definitely the coolest card to have. I am a pretty committed Marvel geek also so...

Oh yes I have to admit coolest card I have carriedSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have much preferred the DC card to the Marvel card, especially after what happened in Endgame making my card a relic and they wouldn't let me change the design. It wasn't a bad card though, I just preferred to use my AOD or ended up with higher earnings on other cards. I won't miss those 3¢ checks every few months for the keep alive charge though lol. 

Message 5 of 8
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Totally bummed.  I had applied 2 times before but my credit was never good enough.  I finally get it nearly 2 months ago and then, boom, closing.  It actually fit in my wallet perfect....not only the design, but the 3% on Entertainment was a perfect fit into my spending, and left me with 3%+ on nearly every major category I use.  

Pretty much broke my heart, it's going to be awhile before I can get the Savor so RIP Marvel card.  I barely knew you 

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rostrow416 wrote:

Totally bummed.  I had applied 2 times before but my credit was never good enough.  I finally get it nearly 2 months ago and then, boom, closing.  It actually fit in my wallet perfect....not only the design, but the 3% on Entertainment was a perfect fit into my spending, and left me with 3%+ on nearly every major category I use.  

Pretty much broke my heart, it's going to be awhile before I can get the Savor so RIP Marvel card.  I barely knew you 

BBVA ClearPoints has an entertainment category for 3%. I don't know if it's as broad as the Marvel with the digital entertainment coverage but it should at least be comparable to what you would get with the Savor without the triple pull to get it and BBVA doesn't demand perfection. 

https://online.bbvausa.com/apply/credit-card-prequal

Message 7 of 8
mgood
Valued Contributor

A little bummed. I was considering this but leaning more towards the Capital One SavorOne. The Marvel had some of the coolest looking card designs though.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.