cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I weird for wanting to sleep on the floor?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I weird for wanting to sleep on the floor?

So after a recent Wayfair disaster a few weeks go. (Don't shop there) i've been sleeping on the floor as I disposed of my prior old mattress as it was horrible garbage.

I've been sleeping on a 1.5" piece of memory foam on the floor and nothing else. 

With that said it's NOT as horrible as people think it is. It does take getting use to but once you do you realize how **bleep**ty a mattress and how we've been fed lies for years. There is several countires that don't use mattreasses and I see why. Just my opinions. 

Before I was having back pain and sciatic nerve pain that is now gone. I'm still getting pushed into buying a mattress but honestly I'm in no hurry. 

Toughts? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: Am I weird for wanting to sleep on the floor?

I have a friend who insists his back pain goes away when he sleeps on a camping mat on the floor. You two may be on to something.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm ashamed to admit that I have woken up on the floor more times than most thanks to my drinking days and generally speaking, I woke up without much of my usual pain when I had those days despite the fact that I am a side sleeper so the positioning was woefully inadequate.

Unfortunately I don't like spiders and other creepy crawlies so I will keep sleeping in a bed. I don't think its weird wanting to sleep on the floor though.

Message 3 of 6
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you all need a firmer mattress.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sleep on the floor all the time. Once your tiny back muscles get built up over time it becomes quite comfortable. 

Message 5 of 6
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

My daughter loved sleeping on a dog bed despite having a bed to sleep in. Granted, she did that so she could be by her baby brother, but loved it. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.