cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Cards - Metal, Plastic, Renewable Plastic?

tag
wingennis
Valued Contributor

AmEx Cards - Metal, Plastic, Renewable Plastic?

@NRB525 wrote:

I thought Delta Platinum and Delta Reserve have some level of metal? Or am I not up to date? Wondering how the reclaimed plastic relates. 

My Delta Platinum is definitely metal.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AmEx Cards - Metal, Plastic, Renewable Plastic?

@wingennis wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I thought Delta Platinum and Delta Reserve have some level of metal? Or am I not up to date? Wondering how the reclaimed plastic relates. 

My Delta Platinum is definitely metal.

Same here, also metal.  AMEX made a big deal a year or two ago, re-issuing the cards from plastic to metal for anyone who requested it.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

As far as I am aware the only metal cards AMEX issues are the Personal Gold and Plat, not any of the co-brands. 

I may be looking at applying for a Delta Plat since it looks like Delta is the preferred airline of my company and I now have to make occasional work trips.

My Charles Schwab Platinum is definitely a metal card. As is my Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Gold is plastic though.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 3 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They're using reclaimed plastic for the green. The latest hoopla about the delta cards is they are metal, but now have a zero carbon footprint. They are not getting rid of the metal cards, which is what caused the confusion in the original thread this excerpt came from.

Message 4 of 6
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Are we talking about true, full metal or sandwiched metal?

Message 5 of 6
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Delta Reserve is metal

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.