Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Logged on to my Amazon SC and there was a banner message to customers impacted by Hurricane Dorien. This is the important part

We are also working with customers to evaluate increases in credit limits on their cards to help with additional, necessary purchases.

On your mark, get set, click

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Nice of them but hopefully they work on missing payments etc. I went through Maria and having to worry about your bills sucksSmiley Sad
Message 2 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice of them but hopefully they work on missing payments etc. I went through Maria and having to worry about your bills sucksSmiley Sad

2005 the eye of Hurricane Wilma went right over my house.  My damage cant compare to what you must have been through

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry about that Meanie, im guessing maybe neither of can comprehend those in Bahamas, bless themSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

In 2017, Hurricane Irma original track was a direct hit for me ( when she was a cat5 super killer )  luckily her track changed.  Dorien was also lookng like a direct hit before he hit Bermuda and now missed me completely.  Andrew and Katrina both hit south Florida and Mathew waved to me as he went right up the coast.

My luck is running out

Message 5 of 23
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Yes now that you mention it I see that banner on all my Synch cards EXCEPT CareCredit.....STRANGE as the dogs are SOOOOOOO going to need therapy after this storm, thank goodness it is going over us now....and more like a windy rainy day at the beach........

Message 6 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Yes now that you mention it I see that banner on all my Synch cards EXCEPT CareCredit.....STRANGE as the dogs are SOOOOOOO going to need therapy after this storm, thank goodness it is going over us now....and more like a windy rainy day at the beach........

STAY SAFE !

Message 7 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I remember we were going to to get decimated with Irma , we did get some heavy damage as people were already without electric when Maria came, but thankfully it moved up more so we didnt get it like the other islands. Back to back cat 5s is super bad, a stalling 0 mph 185mph monster like Dorian is Hell itself.

My creditors were offering help during that time but thankfully many of my fico friends helped me through that ordeal. Glad you are fetting somewhat spared @odd_dog . Meanie, i too feel like time is running out. Stay safe everyoneSmiley Happy

Care Credit, Cmon!
Message 8 of 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

OP, we called on ds's yesterday.  He just increased from 500 to 1k.  But we may have to evacuate after the storm if we flood again.  Telling this to the rep, she applied for an extra $700.  It's what we guessed for a hotel room for a few days.  We lost power for 13 days during Irma, flooded but we were able to stay.  This one may flood us out and in telling them that too, and only asking for a temporary increase they declined him.

Oh well, no such luck with that. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Stay safe LauraSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.