Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Hello all,

Just some further insight on the changes coming to Platinum cardholders tomorrow. I spoke to a CSR and I was told that you will not have to call in to request the metal version of this card, this can all be done seamlessly online (Not sure how seamless it will be knowing Amex). I assume that it will be available in the 'Profile' section of the web page. For those anticpating the change, this should be some good news. For those not so fond of the change, well, yeah.... Smiley Very Happy

If anybody as additional insight, spill those beans!

Message 1 of 180
179 REPLIES 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

Online chat is hit or miss. I'll be phoning it in. 

Message 2 of 180
resilient
Established Contributor

I, too, called a few weeks ago to inquire about doing it online vs over the phone. The rep told me that I can request a new metal card on the phone only, but there will be the interactive voice system that'll let me complete it. Yesterday, I called and asked the same, and was told I can order it on the phone with a rep, on the phone with the voice prompts, and online. Also said we can start ordering them at 12 midnight, mountain daylight time, on the 30th. Funny thing  is they have not changed the wording in the "new changes" section on the American Express landing page; it still says to call the number to request the card. So, I'm going to call and request. All the online options give me next day delivery and Saturday delivery as well. I also see that the new card design is already there when I sign on.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 3 of 180
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.

Message 4 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. Good to know .

Message 5 of 180
resilient
Established Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree BUT from my understanding, what she meant was that we can log in and request it through our profile setting/ Request Card Replacement feature. She stated that it would have a 'request metal version' option. Whether or not that's the case, we'll find out tomorrow.

I was told that as well, but I'm going to call in at 3 EDT since I'll be up anyway, and I'll look online to see if the option is there.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told that as well, but I'm going to call in at 3 EDT since I'll be up anyway, and I'll look online to see if the option is there.

Same here, I will be up so I will check online.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting. I can't wait for the metal card! I guess I'll check online first to see if that metal option is true, if not ill phone in! 

Message 8 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ordered a metal replacement over the phone.  First thing the CSR said was "are you calling to get a metal card?"  I did have to wait about 10 minutes due to high call volume.  She said it is being sent via regular mail and I should have it by April 4th.

Message 9 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just ordered a metal replacement over the phone.  First thing the CSR said was "are you calling to get a metal card?"  I did have to wait about 10 minutes due to high call volume.  She said it is being sent via regular mail and I should have it by April 4th.

Sweet! It's midnight the 30th on the east coasst right now, but I was getting a little paranoid that if i call too soon that theyll still send me the plastic card cause it isnt even the 30th on the west coast yet. But thank you....cause that sums it up that we can order it right now. 

Message 10 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.