Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Platinum Metal Card Thread

Mine says UPS tomorrow. 

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 31 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in and the CSR confirmed on her computer that the card coming to me tomorrow says " metal" On her screen. So those of you wondering if you're getting a metal or not ( if your request date says 3/29 instead of 30th or not having the metal option online but says damaged replacement only) that you can check with the CSR for sure and they can tell you, but for sure it'll be metal. 

Message 32 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Oops.  I started a thread as I thought it would be on-topic in Credit Cards.  Sorry about that.  I got automated prompts when I called, then I was immediately transferred to speak with someone and the process took less than 2 minutes from the time I dialed.  She said that i called early enough that I should definitely expect mine tomorrow and it shows that they're on the way for delivery tomorrow.

You don't have to apologize but so you and others know, any discussion about the looks and content of a card will always go to Smorgasbord.  This is true for all credit cards, not just Amex.

Message 33 of 180
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't gave to apologize but so you and others know, any discussion about the looks and content of a card will always go to Smorgasbord.  This is true for all credit cards, not just the Amex.

Thanks for clearing that up, Irish.  I would Kudo your post, but uhhhm, yeah. Smiley Happy

FWIW, I tend think of this as an actual feature - I've had to replace my plastic AmEx cards many times over the years due to wear and tear (not quite as much since EMV has become more common - it's amazing how rough some cashiers can be with cards).  So now we all wait...

Message 34 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love being an Amex Plat card member..

Me: I would like to request the Metal Amex Card.

CS: Sure, it will be sent to you by April 4th.

Me: Can you overnight it?

CS: Well yes of course, you will get it tomorrow via UPS.

That's how you justify the high AF on customer service experience.

Message 35 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't gave to apologize but so you and others know, any discussion about the looks and content of a card will always go to Smorgasbord.  This is true for all credit cards, not just the Amex.

Thanks for clearing that up, Irish.  I would Kudo your post, but uhhhm, yeah. Smiley Happy

FWIW, I tend think of this as an actual feature - I've had to replace my plastic AmEx cards many times over the years due to wear and tear (not quite as much since EMV has become more common - it's amazing how rough some cashiers can be with cards).  So now we all wait...

I understand your comment about the feature of the card.  Thse types of threads have been placed in Smorg since before I joined so just following precedent.  Hope you enjoy your new card.  

Message 36 of 180
smittyboy020
Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Members Rejoice!!!

I was told in chat that all you have to do request a replacement for a damged card. It will automatically be replaced with a metal card.
Message 37 of 180
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Ordered replacement, get it tomorrow!  I noticed about an hour after I ordered the Amex site was really getting hammered and was sluggish, hopefully there are no delays.

What does your request date say? When you click the replacement status of your card online. 

My request date says 3/29 and delivery 3/31. When I ordered the card, the option for metal card was there.IMG_3128.JPG

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 38 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Ordered replacement, get it tomorrow!  I noticed about an hour after I ordered the Amex site was really getting hammered and was sluggish, hopefully there are no delays.

What does your request date say? When you click the replacement status of your card online. 

My request date says 3/29 and delivery 3/31. When I ordered the card, the option for metal card was there.IMG_3128.JPG

Not everyone shows that option as they are still updating the accounts .  My g/f's account shows that option but mine does not.

Message 39 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered mine as well. Should arrive April 4th. I ordered through my online profile with no issue. There is an option showing for the metal card....Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.