Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Playing Games

tag
8Hunnid
New Contributor

Amex Playing Games

About 7 years ago I "Opted In" for the prescreen offers. In that time my credit profile has gone from decent to solid. All of the major banks and some smaller ones have sent me offers. Except American Express. I had 2 cards already when I applied for the Gold card. I had to apply for the Gold card in incognito mode to get the 50k SUB.

The other day I checked the mail. An offer for the Green card with the 45k SUB was waiting for me. I got excited, even though I wasn't sure if I could hit the SUB while spending for the Gold's. After I opened the letter, I saw that it was addressed to the person that lived in this house before I bought it. Very disappointing. They'll still get my spend. I still like them, even if they don't like me.
Rant over
Trans 750 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 1,500
FNBO Speedway 18,000
Amex BCP 20,000
Barclay View 13,500
Sync Lowes 16,000
Chase FU (P2) 6,600
Chase F 12,000
Discover (P2) 18,000
US Bank Cash+ 12,000
General Electric CU 15,000
X1 27,000
Chase CSP 16,600
Hilton Honors 15,000
Utilization 10%
Negative - 30 day 6 years ago
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Playing Games

Haha, I'm sure your time is coming one of these days.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Playing Games

That's a blower, but it looks like you're on the right track to get it!

I recently moved and also encounter letters addressed to the previous tenant, but I've learned not to get my hopes up since I'm in the rebuilding phase.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.