Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex delivery tracking "delivered" status

tag
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

Amex delivery tracking "delivered" status

Does anyone have any experience with the Amex delivery tracker showing delivered (USPS) before it's actually delivered? My Amex tracking popped up that it's been delivered, and the in app tracking shows a scan yesterday a state away, now suddenly shows delivered half an hour ago. But there's no mail and this is earlier than the mail usually comes.

Does USPS/amex tracking ever jump the gun showing a delivery scan before delivery and it'll probably get here, or should I just report lost/stolen card right away before I ever got my first card?

Told you guys, my luck runs bad... 😞

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
isik
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex delivery tracking "delivered" status

I'm not sure if this helps since this was First Class Mail (without "normal" tracking) but I got the delivered email from Amex in the morning, right after getting the USPS Informed Delivery Digest for that day. It was First Class Mail so no tracking feature but Amex somehow knows when it's scanned for delivery and marks it as delivered. If that is the case for your trackable USPS, it should arrive today or in a few days max.

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 2 of 4
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@isik wrote:

I'm not sure if this helps since this was First Class Mail (without "normal" tracking) but I got the delivered email from Amex in the morning, right after getting the USPS Informed Delivery Digest for that day. It was First Class Mail so no tracking feature but Amex somehow knows when it's scanned for delivery and marks it as delivered. If that is the case for your trackable USPS, it should arrive today or in a few days max.

Aha! That's what I was hoping to hear!   Sounds like just a quirk in the tracking app and not a real problem (yet)

Thanks!  That alleviates the worry!

Message 3 of 4
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

Just to keep the thread updated, it did arrive safe and sound, and the "Delivered" status is a weird quirk of the Amex app's USPS 1st class tracking display. Technically it should have been delivered on Saturday as the Amex email said, but I believe that's one of those days that USPS chose to "skip" delivering here (which they do), there was no mail at all, and was delivered Monday.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.