cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex now allows AUs to choose between Gold or Rose independently of primary cardholder

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Amex now allows AUs to choose between Gold or Rose independently of primary cardholder

Title pretty much says it all. The AU can choose a different color of card by signing on to the Amex website using their own credentials and navigating to Account Services -> Card Management -> Change Card Design. 

Hat tip: Reddit. Someone there says it also works with the Platinum alternative designs, but I can't confirm that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex now allows AUs to choose between Gold or Rose independently of primary cardholder

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Title pretty much says it all. The AU can choose a different color of card by signing on to the Amex website using their own credentials and navigating to Account Services -> Card Management -> Change Card Design. 

Hat tip: Reddit. Someone there says it also works with the Platinum alternative designs, but I can't confirm that.

That's cool! They must realized the very real appeal of design to consumers. Seriously, though, how many times do people pick out a CC based mostly on the appearance or construction? I think probably a lot more than we realize. Gotta say that the Rose Gold card is beautiful though. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex now allows AUs to choose between Gold or Rose independently of primary cardholder

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Someone there says it also works with the Platinum alternative designs, but I can't confirm that.

Out of curiosity, I logged into AU's account.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well it's about time!  Smiley Very Happy

When I added an AU to my Gold account I tried to get her the Rose Gold but the only way was for us to *both* get the Rose Gold.   Since I didn't want to bother with replacing my own card we both ended up sticking with the traditional Gold.

I'm glad to see they've finally "fixed" this oversight! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.