Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any MF Peeps in the path of Dorian?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Any MF Peeps in the path of Dorian?

Are you staying? Are you evacuating?  Have a plan or on the fly?

Who's staying cause you don't wanna be restricted from returning home?

Be Safe!!!!!  Let us know how you're doing.

EDIT TO ADD:   

dorian-projected-pathl-as-of-5a-090319.jpg

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Florida Peeps in the path of Dorian?

Me! I'm in the Palm Beaches. I will be staying, we typically get evacuation orders a little closer to the storms landfall if we have to leave. I have prepared as much as I can, sigh always feel like I've forgotten something. Although I live near the beach, I'm in a new construction, with missle rated windows and my vehicles have elevated parking. So fingers crossed I'll be ok. 

On another note, I had to cross train 2 people at my job today, in the event that things take a turn for the worse there is a contingency plan Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yas!  😫

My train trip is canceled!  What's more since the train Is canceled Amtrak is giving full refund but the ticket was part of a minimum spend for a sign up bonus!  

I am nervous 😓 there will be a claw back .

Message 3 of 10
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Oh, yes.   No plans to evacuate.  There never is unless instructed to.   The last time I lost electricity for ten days, which was unbearable.   In Florida, in this humidity at this time of year, it's more miserable than you can ever imagine.   A few hurricanes ago my friend had a tree come right through the roof of her home.

We're stockpiled with water and other supplies, and I have a full tank of gas.   The stores are out of bread.   Water was hard to come by this evening.  Gas lines are starting to get long.   

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 4 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Grower, penny, jannelo....we'll be thinking about you.  Be safe!  Watch out for trees falling during and after the storm.  It's been a wet year, soft ground.

Message 5 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@grower1 wrote:

Me! I'm in the Palm Beaches. I will be staying, we typically get evacuation orders a little closer to the storms landfall if we have to leave. I have prepared as much as I can, sigh always feel like I've forgotten something. Although I live near the beach, I'm in a new construction, with missle rated windows and my vehicles have elevated parking. So fingers crossed I'll be ok. 

On another note, I had to cross train 2 people at my job today, in the event that things take a turn for the worse there is a contingency plan Smiley Sad

Sounds morbid but necessary.  I guess you probably have the whole home generator? 

Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Wondering how our Florida myfico'ers are doing?  Can anyone give an update about what's happening in your backyard?  Y'all be safe!

It's pouring here in S. Ga. (buckets) 

Message 7 of 10
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Wondering how our Florida myfico'ers are doing?  Can anyone give an update about what's happening in your backyard?  Y'all be safe!

It's pouring here in S. Ga. (buckets) 

I'm near NAS Jacksonville...

We've been getting rain on an off throughout the day; they've relocated most of the planes, helicopters, and ships.  There's talk of the base shutting down (not sure what time yet) the Nex and the commissary will be closing around 2 p.m. The Navy Lodge call center (where I work) is working with reduced staff; however, if they do not shut down the base, I am considered essential personnel and will be expected to work.  That is, unless I don't feel safe driving.

The way I see it, as long as the base remains open, I will work. The military does so much for us without hesitation, all while leaving their family behind; this is my way of thanking them (my daughter included, who is a Chief that is currently stationed in Michigan) for all that they do.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 8 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@the_jan_b

Just got local from nws/jax;  The Bad news: king tides again (just like Irma) but they're predicted at this point to be 1-2' higher. I know you've been seeing them today and yesterday.  Btw, you're appreciated and be safe. Be safe esp. driving to the base, those roads flood and won't be running off, go slow.  All the best to you!  Hollar back after this thing passes.  

Message 9 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@the_jan_b 

Hey, what's it like there?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.