cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any difference in penfed credit cards vs flag cards?

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Any difference in penfed credit cards vs flag cards?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Any difference in penfed credit cards vs flag cards?

I think the flag design is for Vets.

Message 2 of 11
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

So I went to test one of the Flag versions... and i hit apply...

NRA

nra.JPG

Message 3 of 11
Hex
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I think FNBO decided to get out of it's NRA card agreement and the accounts were sold to PenFed instead. I didn't know they are opening new ones. The NRA has big financial problems and  it's probably not going to last much longer. 

Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Back to the topic, please 

(In other words, NRA isn't it). 

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There was an active discussion a while back in which PenFed took over the NRA portfolio, so based on the selected product @MyDataMyChoice, it appears the "Flag" version is the other option next to the Veterans one.  

Granted the NRA isn't the actual topic, but it's clear that the OP found the card selection to be such affinity is still active with PenFed (per the screenshot).  As long as the topic doesn't delve into the 5 Things We Don't Talk About, it's perfectly ok to discuss where the product became available.

Message 6 of 11
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

I have the PCR "flag" version.  I got it in the summer 19 under vet status.

No special perks except the wow factor of "Old Glory"!

Message 7 of 11
mgood
Valued Contributor

No difference that I can see.
I have two with the flag and one without. I had the NRA card through FNBO. That became a PenFed Gold Visa card with the flag. I applied over the phone for the Platinum Rewards and NRA was never brought up and I got the regular design. I applied online for the Power Cash Rewards and checked the NRA box in the drop-down menu and it came with the flag design.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 29
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 8 of 11
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Penfed PCR card design question

When I originally joined Penfed, I also applied for the PCR card. While going through the application it gave the option for different designs for the card. I wanted that stars and stripes design. I noticed this time thay option was missing, did they discontinue the design options?

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 9 of 11
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed PCR card question

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

When I originally joined Penfed, I also applied for the PCR card. While going through the application it gave the option for different designs for the card. I wanted that stars and stripes design. I noticed this time thay option was missing, did they discontinue the design options?

@sugarcreek67 

Please see this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Any-difference-in-penfed-credit-cards-vs-flag-cards/td...

or go directly to: https://www.penfed.org/credit-cards/flag

Otherwise, I am sure you could call and have an existing card design changed to the flag. They kind of hid the design in that special url for some reason a while back.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.