cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any information on the job outlook for certified credit counselors?

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have any information on the job outlook for certified credit counselors?

For those of you who didn't see my last post, I'm trying to find a new career to pursue because my first choice (court reporter) turned out to be a dead-end. I've been trying to think about what I enjoy and what I'm interested in, and credit repair is definitely on the list. I've looked at a few online programs/exams to become a certified credit counselor, but I can't find very much information on the job outlook or earning potential.

I would appreciate any information you might have on the subject. But please don't refer me to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics/Occupational Outlook Handbook. According to them, my current career is growing and will continue to do so through 2018. Tell that to all the official court reporters being laid off and the freelancers like me who get a job once or twice a month.

Thanks in advance.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
surfnspy
Contributor

Re: Anyone have any information on the job outlook for certified credit counselors?

Not sure about credit repair counselors but, this man has some interesting observations on the future of work here in the US http://www.jamesaltucher.com/

No, I'm not a promoter of any kind. Someone suggested I follow him quite some time ago and I haven't looked back. Get his book "Choose Yourself" and if you read it you'll get your $4.99 back. Google a woman named "Penelope Trunk" as she is a good source for career related matters. Good luck!
EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 2 of 3
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have any information on the job outlook for certified credit counselors?

I think anyone who has been through the rebuilding forum here could work as a credit repair counselor. LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.