cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seen the 2 New AMEX Platinum design ?

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Anyone seen the 2 New AMEX Platinum design ?

Anyone seen the 2 New AMEX Platinum design that was suppose to launch in Miami today ? 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone seen the 2 New AMEX Platinum design ?

Yup, but to me (IMO) they were ok. The art work was nice, but it seems like it didn't jive for the Platinum Card.  

Also @PointsBonus -- keep in mind these kinds of discussions don't belong in the CC subforum. These are Smorgasboard topics.

Message 2 of 22
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar  Sorry !! 
wait, YOU HAVE SEEN THEM ?

could you share a link ? I cannot find them anywhere online. 

Message 3 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As close as we get for now (?) since I can't find anything on this otherwise

https://www.reddit.com/r/amex/comments/r5b8mb/screen_grabs_from_amexs_ig_of_new_platinum/

Message 4 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  Sorry !! 
wait, YOU HAVE SEEN THEM ?

could you share a link ? I cannot find them anywhere online. 

I personally didn't attend the event, but a good friend of mine was there and shared very limited pics (they were very tightly guarded even from the press) of the concept art work.

Sorry, no linky. Like a Xmas present, you'll just have to wait until they release the images to the rest of the public 😇

Message 5 of 22
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar  did some research - it be publicly available 12/2 and but but but NO SCHWAB, MORGAN, AMERITRADE ETC AND NO BUSINESS !!! 
I am not spending another $700 for the same card for a design... I am sad 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Amex Platinum card designs are out.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211202005583/en/American-Express-Unveils-New-U.S.-Consumer-...

Will you / Would you, get the new card designs or keep the regular sleek looking one.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Amex Platinum card designs are out.

@Anonymous

Looks like they got scratched up in my wallet?! Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

I like the flowers one, and if I were a Platinum holder, I'd want that.  It's a little messy, but fun.

Not fun enough for the AF when it doesn't suit my spend/lifestyle, but still fun.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 22
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Maybe that top one is ok, but pretty underwhelming.  It looks like they let a 5 year old draw on a Platinum Card.  

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.