Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card recent experiences.

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Apple Card recent experiences.

With my Apple Card I bought the Watch 6, and arranged to trade in my Watch 2. They offered a $45 trade in value. Payments on the Watch 6 for 24 months. 

Sent in the Watch 2, and then got an email they said screen not working correctly "adjusted trade in zero value. Do you want to accept or reject the new value?" 

Heck no, send me the watch back. I'll play with it here.  Turn it on, screen looks fine.  

So I was initially planning to pay off my ATT Next plan for my iPhone 11 Pro, and then use that as trade in, purchase the iPhone 12 Pro from Apple on the Apple Card. Given the experience with the watch, and uncertainty about how much trade they would actually give me, I decided to just stick with ATT Next. The only thing changing is the monthly payment. 

I did buy several accessories for the iPhone, a MagSafe case, charger, and the MagSafe wallet. So I still have several payment items now on the Apple Card. 

May end up buying the iPhone 12 Mini for my dad on the Apple Card, since that will be a long term purchase.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card recent experiences.

FWIW: If you live close by and Apple Retail Store, you can trade-in the device locally and show the device works. This will ensure that if the 3rd Party assessment company has any issues, you have proof from an Apple representative the device was working before shipping.

Message 2 of 9
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

FWIW: If you live close by and Apple Retail Store, you can trade-in the device locally and show the device works. This will ensure that if the 3rd Party assessment company has any issues, you have proof from an Apple representative the device was working before shipping.

I'd recommend calling in and seeing if they're doing trade ins. Last time I stopped by my local store they were only doing shopping by appointment.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 3 of 9
imaximous
Valued Contributor

My experience in the past with shipping to Phobio hasn't been the greatest.

You can buy Apple stuff online without any trade-ins, and then take your old device to the store and actually trade it in. They'll give you the same value and add it to your Apple Cash, which then you can transfer to your bank or use it to pay for your Apple Card statement.

I've traded in Apple Watches, iPads and Macbook Pro within the last couple of months. All you gotta do is make a shopping appointment and bring your devices to the store. That's what the Apple employees told me to do. You don't have to buy and trade at the same time.

I won't be shipping anything to Phobio ever again as long as I can trade my old devices in-store.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best buy pays more on trade-ins for Apple products. 

Message 5 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

My experience in the past with shipping to Phobio hasn't been the greatest.

You can buy Apple stuff online without any trade-ins, and then take your old device to the store and actually trade it in. They'll give you the same value and add it to your Apple Cash, which then you can transfer to your bank or use it to pay for your Apple Card statement.

I've traded in Apple Watches, iPads and Macbook Pro within the last couple of months. All you gotta do is make a shopping appointment and bring your devices to the store. That's what the Apple employees told me to do. You don't have to buy and trade at the same time.

I won't be shipping anything to Phobio ever again as long as I can trade my old devices in-store.

I have a Watch 4 to send in next. I may look in to some alternates. I sent an iPad mini when the iPad Mini 5 came out, that was no issue. 

I haven't had issues so far with the ATT Next program, but that's not a true trade in, just a surrender of the phone. 

I sold my old phones on eBay a few times, but that eventually got to be such a chore with the scammers that I'm not going that route ever again. 

May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 6 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know, thanks!

Message 7 of 9
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know, thanks!

Let me add an asterisk to Katie's comment. They may pay more...on newer devices. On older devices, such as yours, Best Buy pays way less...often nothing.

They're currently offering me $0 on my iPhone X (3 generations old at this point) while Apple offers $240 and AT&T $220. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just completed a watch trade-in.

Apple's new preferred partner is Phobio.  

Odd that you had that issue.  I didn't do mine during a purchase so I wasn't owed a credit back to my card and instead they sent a virtual gift card.

It used to be PowerOn and they may still be involved...but they will give you a generic Gift Card, Phobio's are Apple Virtual Cards

You can also try Gazelle for trading in and as someone else mentioned, taking it instore when making a new purchase works too

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.