cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you embarrassed every time you use your credit card?

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Are you embarrassed every time you use your credit card?

The only time I would be embarassed would be if it declined. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 71
eddie84
Valued Contributor

^  Haha.. same here!  But that hasn't happened since I found this forum.  Now I learn to keep my utilization looooow. Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 71
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Stanic413 wrote:

Stralem Wrote:

I have never been embarrassed to pay for anything using a credit card.

Besides, only people who frequent forums like this care enough to take note of what I use to pay for my morning coffee.

Well... 99 percent of the time, anyway.

Haha, true!  I'd be more embarassed if I was consistently card snooping than consistently swiping the worst card in my wallet.  

Guilty as charged. Smiley Embarassed

This form has made me addicted, and I find myself trying to sneak a peek at what kind of card people are using. And I'm not judging them say if they paid with a FP or Credit One card, but I am just learning for my own curiosity what people have in their wallet. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 13 of 71
jm1991
Regular Contributor

i feel bad but i kinda do judge people when they come into the hotel trying to get a room with some odd looking credit cards, even debit cards. Ive gotten some that look like they were made with some really cheap plastic and a bad printer. If i dont get a nice looking card like amex, chase, or some well known cards i automatically think i should not rent to you. And not because i am racist or anything but people with debit cards or no name credit cards tend to be people that we have issues trying to throw college parties or just trashing the room as oppose to business people with fancy cards. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 14 of 71
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

with the exception of the one post from someone i assume works for a motel......i am sure that cashier makng close to minimum really cares about whats in your wallet, moreless what you chose to pay with

Message 15 of 71
Phaseshift
Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

nobody ever notices the cards that I use.  Most of the time, the cashier's don't even see my cards, unless I am holding it up so they can check the signature strip, because, for merchants in the area where I live, the card readers face the customer.

Once in awhile, though, someone will notice my wallet, which is an acmwallet.

I would feel bad about using a card with no rewards, though, or one with high annual fees that my card use didn't compensate for.  But not embarrassed.

+1 I get way more comments on my wallet than I do my cards. I get occassional comments on my CSP, but most of the time I am holding my own card and swiping. 

Really nice ks wallet my gf hase one similar, she too loves ks

Message 16 of 71
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

No one pays my bills but me.

No one also has the power to make me feel embarrassed.

Just my $0.02. Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 71
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Sometimes a little bit of embarassment is motivation to change.  At least I know it has been for me.  Smiley Wink

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 18 of 71
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

i feel bad but i kinda do judge people when they come into the hotel trying to get a room with some odd looking credit cards, even debit cards. Ive gotten some that look like they were made with some really cheap plastic and a bad printer. If i dont get a nice looking card like amex, chase, or some well known cards i automatically think i should not rent to you. And not because i am racist or anything but people with debit cards or no name credit cards tend to be people that we have issues trying to throw college parties or just trashing the room as oppose to business people with fancy cards. 

^^^

Yes this was why I asked because I observed at the hotel when someone used a off name CC which I do not recognize, I see the interaction between the hotel clerk and customer and the hotel clerk takes a hard look at the CC because it is not immediately recognizable by the hotel clerk; of course this assume the hotel clerk is into credit topics and is aware there are different credit card types

Message 19 of 71
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I use my Discover as proudly as I do my Centurion. Only at hotels, airports and a few nice restaurants do the people know what the Centurion is. I've used it at Starbucks for my coffee and got nothing. No name cards are nothing to be embarrassed of. Who knows, that no name we've never seen could be a hard card to get or something. Kind of like the White Card (Stratus Visa) , I don't know if it's metal or not but it's plain looking but yet it's an exclusive card too. 

Message 20 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.