cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm relatively new here, and I'm wondering what the deal is with the avatars? I don't know if this is meant to be displayed like this? The image selections are rectangular, but the actual display window crops the image into a circle, which ends up in a lot of the default avatars here looking kind of funny with the left half of the visible image showing on the right half of the circle, kind of like mine. Is this intentional, or is this some legacy thing that didn't get updated along with the forum over time?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avatars?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I'm relatively new here, and I'm wondering what the deal is with the avatars? I don't know if this is meant to be displayed like this? The image selections are rectangular, but the actual display window crops the image into a circle, which ends up in a lot of the default avatars here looking kind of funny with the left half of the visible image showing on the right half of the circle, kind of like mine. Is this intentional, or is this some legacy thing that didn't get updated along with the forum over time?

They were rectangular in the past but when Lithium updated our forums 6 months or so ago, they went to the cropped circle look.  I think it’s something that we will just have to live with unfortunately.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Over time with forum activity (no specific activity), you will be able to upgrade from the standard lot

Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Over time with forum activity (no specific activity), you will be able to upgrade from the standard lot

Yep, the rank needed for that is Regular Contributorhttps://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Custom-Avatar-Available-at-Rank-of-Regular-Contributor/m-p/989712#M91

Message 4 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

How do I change my Member Picture/Thumbnail?!

Do I have to be a higher rank!?

Message 5 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How do I change my Member Picture/Thumbnail?!

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Yes. Believe it's Regular Contributor before you can change your avatar with a custom image.

Message 6 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Yes. Believe it's Regular Contributor before you can change your avatar with a custom image.

+1

Here's a thread that discusses it:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Custom-Avatar-Available-at-Rank-of-Regular-...

Message 8 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Thank you too!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Finally Haha!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.