tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Been Away for Awhile

Timothy wrote:
Just when I thought it was cooling off in here- 

Let's get the temp down in here- 

Remember to be positive and suportive-

How about those Redskins....they looked great tonight.
Message 21 of 23
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

TNWM writes:

"You think I'm a deadbeat because I don't have money falling out of my wazoo to pay whatever the government wants me to."

And the CP does??? I don't have the money falling out my "wazoo" either, but that does NOT excuse me from HAVING to provide food, shelter education, clothes and health insurance. LIke the CP has a choice?? Like the CP can just decide to fall off the grid??

"Honestly, if I had the money, we wouldn't be having this discussion, I'd just pay off these people and be done with it."

Here is where your brain went off the grid. "These people" are your offspring, your flesh and blood, your children.. What part of "child" as in Child support do you not get? The government does not take a cut for law enforcement, the state and federal budget allocates funds for CS enforcement. Your problem, which is painfully obvious, is that you view CSEA as another bill collector, another corporation who can surely survive without your measly $1500? $2500? or however much you owe. Perhaps all your creditor expertise has poisoned your view on what Child Support means to the CP and child. Not only in a material sense, but in a emotional one. CS is personal, not business.

"When I had a job, before my disease flared up, I WAS paying them. But I don't, so what am I supposed to do?"

Tell the courts and ask for an reassessment of income. You can print out your states forms on the internet and take them to your local CSE office.

"But I'll be the bigger person in this discussion, and rather than gloat over your misfortune,"

The only misfortune is that my children, who are now 16, 18 and 20 see their father for what he is. My daughter cries weekly because she finds it impossible to believe how her own dad wouldn't move heaven and earth for her and hides from her because he too "goes off the grid". You're thread amounts to a pity party, and I can't abide in it. I can abide in keeping my politcal views to myself as I was asked. I can abide in restraining my cultural spelling of the Lord. Listening to someone say they will go off the grid in order to avoid paying child support I cannot idly watch. It's not a part of my constitution.

"Just try to see things from someone else's point of view sometimes."

Been there done that. Your story is my ex's story with all the same language "I'm sick, I can't work, you're greedy, you are ruining my life, I won't give her a penny"

Now I'll do YOU a favor. Check out Lawyers.Com;Divorce, Child Support, Family Law, California. Here's the link. http://community.lawyers.com/messageboards/board.asp?channelId=17&mbId=2

Message Edited by fused on 08-03-2008 05:44 PM
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 22 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

thread is locked...time to move on.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.