Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

Do workers at high end designer stores judge you if you pay with a non premium/elite credit card? Is this something they would notice? 

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

Disclaimer: I don't buy over price stuff from "high end" stores.
That being said every store I have been to in the last few years the consumer swipes/inserts their card instead of handing it to the cashier.

And even if you had to give it to them, why would you care what some random cashier thinks of you?
Message 2 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card says a lot about person’s income, if he is frequent traveler or not etc.
Some judge and some don’t care. By the end of the day it your money, your credit card, your responsibility to pay and your thing that you bought. Who cares what other people think?
On other hand why would you want to buy expensive things if you’re insecure about your wallet?
Message 3 of 87
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

If it goes through who cares I agree let me whip out my CU card and pay for something nice I don't care and if it clears I'm pretty sure they don't care lol

Message 4 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't care.

...which is why I usually make sure to make my metal cards "ping" multiple times before handing it to them so they know how impressive it is. If they still don't care after that, I usually tell them my credit limit.
Message 5 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

the go to move Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:
They don't care.

...which is why I usually make sure to make my metal cards "ping" multiple times before handing it to them so they know how impressive it is. If they still don't care after that, I usually tell them my credit limit.

Message 6 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having prime cards with high limits doesn’t mean chicken s$&). I have friends with 750 scores, high limits and they buy expensive things like sunglasses for $400, Nike for $180 and whatnot. 2-3 years later they still can’t payoff their debt.
Message 7 of 87
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As long as they get their commission why would they give a flying flip?  a sale is a sale to an associate

Message 8 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Workers at high end shops normally see more premium cards so they're less likely to comment. I've found workers at regular stores more likely to comment on it, but that's less common since many POS are self-swipe. There are better ways to show off if you're that into self-vanity. 

Message 9 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They don't care.

Haha this post made me really laugh!! Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.