Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

At the beginning of my rebuild, I was in Walgreens and handed the cashier my CreditOne Platinum Visa, to which she said, "ooohhhhh platinum. fancy!"

LOL

Message 41 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At the beginning of my rebuild, I was in Walgreens and handed the cashier my CreditOne Platinum Visa, to which she said, "ooohhhhh platinum. fancy!"

LOL

LOL

Message 42 of 87
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

That said.... when I go on a first date with a new girl, I generally don't pay for dinner with the Cap1 card Smiley Very Happy

Are you embarrassed by your Cap One card? Using that card like taking her to McDonald's on a first date?

Nah I was just joking about that, it would just be silly to use the Cap1 card for that and miss out on 2x UR points! She might judge me for my inability to maximize points earning Smiley Wink

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 43 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

That said.... when I go on a first date with a new girl, I generally don't pay for dinner with the Cap1 card Smiley Very Happy

Are you embarrassed by your Cap One card? Using that card like taking her to McDonald's on a first date?

Nah I was just joking about that, it would just be silly to use the Cap1 card for that and miss out on 2x UR points! She might judge me for my inability to maximize points earning Smiley Wink

I dine a few times a year at a local restaurant full of wealthy seniors. I pull out my Cap One card, and I have to say I did think about it once (a misfit for the establishment), where other diners have high-end cards.

And I have to say, my Savor is all black--- so that it doesn't look like a Cap One card, except the Capital One logo is at the top right. I ought to paint over it with black paint lol.

Message 44 of 87
OmarR
Established Contributor

I have only seen a black Amex twice in my life. That's probably the only card that made me wonder (for all of 5 seconds) what the person did for a living.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 45 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never really thought about it and normally buy online only or I use apple pay at the stores.

Message 46 of 87
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@OmarR wrote:

I have only seen a black Amex twice in my life. That's probably the only card that made me wonder (for all of 5 seconds) what the person did for a living.

Same, I've only ever seen it once, and I knew what the guy did for a living so I mostly wondered how he, as a doctor, managed to get an invitation. Must be a hell of a doctor.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 47 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreysw12 wrote:

@OmarR wrote:

Same, I've only ever seen it once, and I knew what the guy did for a living so I mostly wondered how he, as a doctor, managed to get an invitation. Must be a hell of a doctor.

Well, then I got a lot of work to do to make my black Capital One card look exactly like the Amex. Man, that's a lot of detailed painting.pasted-image-0-3.png

Message 48 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the guy in the Taco Bell drive-thru comment on my Amex Gold once (4x is 4x lol). He said “man this is heavy - must be good for a lot of money!” Lol I just said “no matter how much it could possibly be worth, my kids would manage to cost me all of it!” We both laughed and that was that. Only other time was at a restaurant and the waitress commented on the Rose Gold color, saying it looked cool and she hadn’t seen that before.

Guess I don’t haunt the places where people have stuck-up attitudes?
Message 49 of 87
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
They don't care.
...which is why I usually make sure to make my metal cards "ping" multiple times before handing it to them so they know how impressive it is. If they still don't care after that, I usually tell them my credit limit.

Haha this post made me really laugh!! Smiley Happy 

But what if this wasn't a joke? Smiley Wink

Quoting your credit limit and FICO scores

always seems to impress people I talk to. 

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Femojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fthumbs%2F160%2Fapple%2F48%2Fface-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.png&f=1&nofb=1

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 50 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.