Did you mean: 

Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Being Judged for your CC at high end stores

@iced wrote:

3nsoze.jpg

We need a topic for judging people who think which cards they carry/use is a reflection of their social status.

Oh no!  I've had a lot of kittens killedSmiley Sad

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 61 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@iced wrote:

3nsoze.jpg

We need a topic for judging people who think which cards they carry/use is a reflection of their social status.

AB7B1893-DA1D-49BC-A96A-5DDE013F2C2B.jpeg

Message 62 of 87
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

Image result for yes i am monster meme" Boo! or Grrrrr booga booga! (is that a ghost sound, idk what side of the bed I woke up onSmiley Embarassed  but Boo!) Smiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 63 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@iced wrote:

3nsoze.jpg

😂 

Well if they set the standards than yeah, I have too. But if not, I'm actually using cards that make me money instead of costing me money so 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 64 of 87
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I have held the real black Amex Centurion card before in a transaction. It was cool and all knowing the requirements needed to get that card. I was a little nervous actually. That was a while ago. Now more and more credit cards are self inserted into the reader by the patron. (as mentioned.). Thus the cache or judgement of a certain card is less obvious now but I know the difference between a Credit One vs a Capital One and an Amex Bluebird vs an Amex Platinum.
Message 65 of 87
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Sometimes I do feel like people treat me differently for not paying with a Platinum or CSR...

teeth1.jpg

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 66 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sometimes wonder for a fleeting moment of the person at the Walmart drive-thru pharmacy (who has to take your card) thinks of my lowly store-card version of the Walmart card—but then I don't care because who am I kidding? Besides, I'm not going to miss out on getting the cash back. Until I have another card that gives me more money back at Walmart than the store card, I'll use the store card. Same goes with my Shell store card. I love that card.

Message 67 of 87
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I sometimes wonder for a fleeting moment of the person at the Walmart drive-thru pharmacy (who has to take your card) thinks of my lowly store-card version of the Walmart card

Guarantee that person sees dozens of those cards every day, so I don't think they think anything about it one way or the other.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 68 of 87
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Well this happened to me a few days ago.

I was in a High Speed AVE train in Spain. I was with my Dad. Dad proceeds to pay, he gets turn down by cashier telling that he would need an ID to pay with his card.

I look at my Dad and tell him i brought my card with me just in case, i had an ID. I ask the cashier if they had Apple Pay and she told me they didn’t.

Huh...
I proceed to take out my Citi Prestige in it’s physical form. As i’m placing it... the man besides me... that was in his 50’s (another customer at the train bar) gets astonished with a loud “Woww!” because of my card. Bear in mind that i look barely legal. I am a petite female in my 20’s that looks like a 18 y/o. Even my Dad’s face got a little bit red.

I loved it!!
I’m not quite sure what he saw, perhaps the man didn’t see well near and mistake it with a Centurion or the Prestige really looked the part.

Also what i noticed while traveling through Spain is that cashier often get a lil bit surprised about my method of payment. I tell them CC and they kind of look surprised but in a positive way. Maybe i look too young for cards?!

I will try to troll more people Smiley Tongue if the situation arrises.

Message 69 of 87
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I know a few Uber wealthy and they definitely care what other rich people think!

Know some that don't either also

@Aim_High wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:
Warren Buffet uses the American Express Green Card and drives an old station wagon, last I recall.
People who show off are trying to look rich. People who are rich don’t care.

True 'dat.

Truly rich people don't care what you think.

And some high-end shops actually train their people NOT to prejudge based on appearances.

I disrespect anyone who goes out of their way trying to impress me with their credit card, their clothes, their car or their house.  

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 70 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.