Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best and Worst Looking Cards

tag
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Best and Worst Looking Cards

What cards do you have that you think are hideous and could do with a major redesign? Which cards have you seen over the years that you think are terrible?

Also, why not throw in which card you think looks nicest?

My first credit card with Bank of America was the Cash Rewards card, it's a glossy red plasticy card. But once my excitement wore off from getting a card with them though I kinda realized how hideous the card was. If it wasn't for how amazingly good it was, I probably would rarely use it.

This only worsened once I got the Premium Rewards card at Bank of America, which has a nice simple matte grey finish. I really wish BOA would've gone with matte red as well instead of that glossy red that gets easily scratched and scuffed within 3 minutes.

I think the new QuickSilver cards look like a huge improvement over the older design but still looks like a bland store card.

I'm actually really jealous of that Cobalt AMEX, and I really miss that old AMEX Zync design!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best and Worst Looking Cards

I hear that the AMEX gold cc looks really nice and shiney. I plan on getting one one day and finding out myself...

Message 2 of 34
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

It is, AMEX put an almost metallic glitter sheen in the gold color that makes it look really nice. AMEX generally has super nice cards IMO!

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex by far is the nicest and the Platinum never fails to get compliments when I use it. Penfed quality is lacking for sure.  

Message 4 of 34
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I honestly don't care what my cards look like. I care more that they're made in a way that they don't fall apart.

Having said that, people have commented on my BCE, Amazon, Savor, and Quicksilver cards.

Message 5 of 34
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

You know what, now that you mention it, my BOA debit card is starting to fall apart even though I rarely use it. It's like the plastic wrap is peeling back and it's driving me nuts. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I actually used the darn thing!

Message 6 of 34
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have gotten the "cool card" comment from young people on the BCP. The CSP just causes them to do a double-take because it is heavier than expected and metal.

Message 7 of 34
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

Is the CSP metal?

Im an AU on my CSP  but I always figured it was just very dense plastic since it's so bendy, at least when compared to the metal platinum card...

Message 8 of 34
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@QuakerOatmeal wrote:

Is the CSP metal?

Im an AU on my CSP  but I always figured it was just very dense plastic since it's so bendy, at least when compared to the metal platinum card...

Mine seems to be. Not going to scratch it to find out.

Message 9 of 34
Kforce
Valued Contributor

GlobalHawk-dropshadow.jpgOverTheClouds.jpgT-38_Talon.jpgOldGlory.jpg

Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union

My pick for best

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.