Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

Hi myfico friends,

Well, as the title reads, you can see I'm going to be busy for the next month. My husband is a very experienced bicyclist and his lifelong dream has been to bicycle across the entire US. This will take a month. 

He has decided that this may be the only opportunity he will have to take that amount of time and do this, so we are set to leave on this journey next week. We will be renting a minivan and I will be driving along the way to provide support, assistance, and to ensure that he is ok.

He will be bicycling 100 miles a day, every day for a month. He's done long distance bicycle rides before, but this is much, much longer than anything he has ever done.

We're not young people, either, so this will be quite a feat for him.

We will drive together with the bike in the back all the way out to CA, then he will bicycle back and I will drive back. I'm not a huge fan of sitting for long periods in a car (I'm a very active person), so I anticipate stopping every 20 minutes or so and getting out of the car to run around it for 5 minutes just to keep my own exercise level up!

I'm calling it the Ride for Hope. I hope that if others see he can do this, they also will be inspired to realize that there is much they can do in their own lives. Nothing is impossible if you have the drive, determination, and hope.

Please keep good thoughts and prayers for me, my friends. I will check in along the way to say hello.

I wish all of you a wonderful day and a time in which you can realize your own hopes and dreams. Smiley Happy

Many hugs,

humuhumunukunukuapua'a  (aka humu)

keoki-picasso-trigger.jpg

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

What a very nice post. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. Your husband must be a wonderful inspiration to people around him. I hope you have a blast! I will be thinking of you.

Message 2 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What a very nice post. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. Your husband must be a wonderful inspiration to people around him. I hope you have a blast! I will be thinking of you.

Yours was also a nice post and made my day, donny, thank you. I appreciate your thoughts and will keep in touch. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, please stay in touch!

Message 4 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome undertaking!!! Best wishes as you work on biking 3,000 miles. I am sore now and your husband is doing it. If you get a chance to drop a line ... sure many would enjoy the read. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can think is, this man has buns of steel for sitting on a bike that long.

May the weather be on your side, and this is definitely a joyful bucket list item!  Have fun and if you want Mexican, we Californians have the best in the nation.  Hint hint for food pit stops.

Message 6 of 98
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, amazing thing to do, not many in life get to follow their dreamsSmiley Happy. All the very best on your journey and may you both stay safe healthy and happy.Smiley Happy

I really wish some of these post werent relegated to smorgasboard, too many times great and interesting things happen and many wont even know about it. Glad i do thoughSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow this is so inspiring to me Humu I'm so glad you and your husband are getting to fulfill some dreams together . I will keep you guys in my thoughts and hope you both have safe travels my friend .
Message 8 of 98
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Awesome way to go! I have always imagined how it would be like to deal with the elevation challenge of the Sierra Nevadas on a bike, I recently got back into biking since it's such a great workout. Keep us updated!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 9 of 98
sarge12
Senior Contributor

While I admire the effort, I'm the type that feels if man was meant to do this, he would not have invented the internal combustion engine. Two wheels are great on a motorcycle.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.