Did you mean: 

Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Bicycling 3,000 miles across the US! Yes indeed

Tremendous!

i was wondering where you were at!

ive been slammed at work and haven't spent much time on the boards.

I hope you two are having a great time!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 91 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

Tremendous!

i was wondering where you were at!

ive been slammed at work and haven't spent much time on the boards.

I hope you two are having a great time!

Clues as to where we are ( we return on the 28th very late in the day)

1) Island that is 98% owned by Larry Ellison

2) Island where St. Damien helped the lepers for many years.

These are both shown in the photos from my prior post above. These represent two of the places we have been shuttling between on our trip. Guesses are welcome!

Message 92 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that I have not been reporting in, friends. We are enjoying ourselves and my husband actually interviewed for a job yesterday here- we are seriously considering moving here if things work out employmentwise. This is one of the reasons we extended our trip.

I promise to report more on our bicycle trip and get everyone up to date when we return. We have just been enjoying the culture and history so much ( we always explore culture and history extensively when we are on a trip), that we've been a bit preoccupied. Relaxation is also on the menu.Smiley Happy

hugs and wishing you all a wondeful weekend,

humuhumunukunukuapua'a Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I know it. You guys are in Hawaii (Lanai) ? If so you guys are sooooo lucky !!
Message 94 of 98
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

This ia a very inspiring post and interesting way to travel and see the US. I wish you a lot of fun! and hope everything went well!!

Message 95 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we are still in Hawai'i and have been staying on all of the islands on this trip. I saw a very large humu fish while snorkeling from the beach this morning, and saw quite a few turtles on a Tahitian outrigger canoe trip as well. We were chanting the entire way on the canoe.

We return late tomorrow night and with now two potential managerial job prospects for my husband, we really do want to move here and are figuring out ways to work this out.

We love the culture, history and people, and have been here enough times and long enough where we are not starry eyed tourists with a dream. We are going to do everything we can to work it out feasibly where we can move. It would be hard to have a really bad day ( even in the most difficult of circumstances) in this beautiful environment here.

Hugs to everyone and will report more when we are back on both this trip and the bicycle trip as well.

humu

IMG_2449.JPG

Message 96 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow and congrats I sure hope you guys make it work and can live the dream , ahhh nothing better than that my friend !!
Message 97 of 98
pauper66
Valued Member

This was an excellent read. Thanks for sharing. Wish I had found it sooner. I'm on Kauai and would have bought a couple rounds for you guys. I'm an avid endurance cyclist myself.

Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.