cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards Susan G Komen Thinest Card Ever?

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

BoA Cash Rewards Susan G Komen Thinest Card Ever?

I was recently upgraded from my old Susan G Komen Cash Rewards Platinum to a Visa Signature. The card itself looks great, but MY GOD is it thin. It feels as thin as those fake plastice gift cards you get in the mail telling you to buy stuff or whatever. It feels like one of those fake credit cards you get from Credit One Bank mailers. A library card is thicker than this.

Is this the case with all BoA Cash Reward cards? Or is it just the special novelity ones (i.e., Baseball, save rainforest, etc.).

It has laser etching they say - and yes, it does look nice. I just wish they made the card a bit more substantial in weight.

I can't get pass the fact of how light and fake it feels. But since it's for my online shopping I guess I'm not too concerned. Smiley Very Happy

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA Cash Rewards Susan G Komen Thinest Card Ever?

A variety of their newly issued plastics do seem to be on the "thinner" side, but they're not the only issuer known for thin plastics.   That said, if lenders are attempting to reduce some production costs which in turn may help the environment, why not?

Message 2 of 4
FlaDude
Established Contributor

The lighter and less bulky the better as far as I'm concerned. I really don't want a 2 inch thick wallet. I'd be fine opting out of metal for the cards that come in that form.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the “card” they sent me years ago for my Amazon store credit account. It had no numbers or anything and essentially lived inside my Amazon account. There was no actual purpose to have a card other than they could say they issued one. It was probably 1/3 to 1/4 the thickness of any actual credit card I currently carry.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.