Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards - numbers are now laser-etched

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Cash Rewards - numbers are now laser-etched

This card looks plain and ugly. I think laser-etching only looks good on metal cards. For these cheap plastic ones I would still like to see the old raised numbers. I'm actually happy my card doesn't expire until 2021. That gives me a few years of still having a good looking card. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

e rRe: BoA Cash Rewards - numbers are now laser-etched

IMO the raised numbers are by far the ugliest features of cards these days. 

Flat numbers on the back allow for a cleaner look and they don't leave an imprint in my wallet, nor does the white or black paint fade after a couple of weeks, plus you can see the imprint of the raised numbers through the back of the card. 

Message 12 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Very nice! Is the Visa logo on the front of the card metallic like on the Chase cards?

This one is, because it is a Visa Signature. The current brand guidelines for Visa don't have a metallic version of the Visa logo for card levels below Signature. 

Not sure about the brand guidelines part (when it comes to the logo anyways)

But as far as I know, many Visa Signature cards don't have the metallic logo, for example: Navy Fed's Visa Signature cards don't have the metallic finish. Now that I look at my Wallet, my Capital One Quicksilver (new design) doesn't have it either. 

You're a bit confused here. I was saying that cards below the Visa Signature level don't have a metallic logo - not cards at the Visa Signature level. 

These are the only versions of the brand mark that are available. No metallic versions of the non-signature level logo.

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 6.39.15 AM.png

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous my approval thread @Anonymous gave me the heads up that the card might not have the raised numbers on it anymore, and asked me to let you guys know what I get.

Today an envelope with way too many pieces of paper shoved into it arrived, and buried deep inside was the Cash Rewards card. BoA also included some information on why they're laser-etching the cards now, instead of using raised numbers (too hard to read, apparently). 

Not sure if this extends to other BoA cards yet, but the design is dated 7/17 on the back of the card, indicating it's a recent change. I did get an authorized user Better Balance Rewards card recently and that still had the raised numbers on it. The design on the back of that card was dated 12/16. 

Yay somebody remembered me haha Smiley Very Happy

My current card is dated 6/17, but is a regular Visa not a VS due to the CL. I just called and requested a new card, so let's hope I do in fact get the numbers on the back! Now my FU is going to be the odd duckling haha.

I like the minimalist design of the back. The dove is interesting how its islated and not in its little reflective hologram box anymore. I like it...

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine came in the mail last night, so I can confirm that the numbers are etched on non-VS cards as well. I really like the feel of the etching and all, my only note falls under what others have said about the plastic being thinner than the old card. It's flimsier than my FU or Disco...

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requested a new Cash Rewards Mastercard and it came in etched on the backside with the new mastercard logo on the front...love the new look!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested a new Cash Rewards Mastercard and it came in etched on the backside with the new mastercard logo on the front...love the new look!

May I ask how you have the card as a Mastercard instead of a Visa?  Also, I went out on a whim when on the phone with BOA and requested that they upgrad my card from platinum to signature.  My CL is $6,000.  I recall reading that as long as CL > $5,000 you were good.  Is this true?  The guy said I will find out within two weeks.  What is the standard process for upgrading? 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the non-rewards secured card is a MasterCard, which is then kept that way when the card unsecures. 

Message 18 of 20
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

How did you edit out the number so well? what program did you use?

Message 19 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Gregory1776 wrote:

How did you edit out the number so well? what program did you use?

Preview on my Mac. Just open your picture, select an area, delete, and save. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.