Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA changing the look of their cards?

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

BoA changing the look of their cards?

Is BoA falling in line with other issuers like Cap1 and moving the numbers to the back? Their cards look entirely different on the site now. Any insight &/or does anyone have a newer looking card?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/#filter

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: BoA changing the look of their cards?

If they are, they’re holding out on me. I just got a new card today to replace an expiring card and the numbers are still on the front.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

Is BoA falling in line with other issuers like Cap1 and moving the numbers to the back? Their cards look entirely different on the site now. Any insight &/or does anyone have a newer looking card?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/#filter

Oh boy, I certainly hope not but that does look like it. I hate cards with the info on the back; it goes against what I've always known and I think it is tacky to copy other banks. Chase did it first but now Citi and other banks are doing it. Looks like BofA is the next to copy it. I guess they feel if they can't beat them, to join them......

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure. I think they're going to keep their cards the same and just updated the look on the website. Similar to what chase does. Their pictures don't show any numbers or info on the front so you'd assume it's on the back. Well it their info is actually still on the front. At least for their Freedom and Freedom Unlimited.
Message 4 of 8
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not so sure. I think they're going to keep their cards the same and just updated the look on the website. Similar to what chase does. Their pictures don't show any numbers or info on the front so you'd assume it's on the back. Well it their info is actually still on the front. At least for their Freedom and Freedom Unlimited.

Very possible. The change on the site is pretty recent, though. Even the Student cards at the bottom of the All Cards section have the numbers on the front.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 5 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I noticed that and wondered as well. ALK makes a great point about Chase. I wish all of the issuers visually depicted the cards on the website as they actually are. I also wish more issuers would reveal the back of the card on their websites.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very possible. The change on the site is pretty recent, though. Even the Student cards at the bottom of the All Cards section have the numbers on the front.

Agreed. They updated the placement of the cardholder's name and removed the numbers; yet the cobranded cards (i.e. Susan G Komen card) still reflect the embossing.....I remember reading about EMV 6 years ago now and the experts stated that this sort of thing could happen...with EMV there is no reason anymore to emboss cards. It gives the cards a new look and it probably saves the banks some $$....they just look so fake like they came out of a Monopoly game or at the bottom of a cereal box. 

I know I am the minority in this, but I prefer my cards embossed. 

Message 7 of 8
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I believe they did update the design of those core BofA cards, not only are the numbers missing from the front, but the Visa logo seems to be metallic now, like the Chase ones. They are probably not sending the new designs out yet though..Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.44.16 PM.png

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.