Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board activity slowdown...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Board activity slowdown...

Is it me or did the board slow to a crawl? Noticed a drop off in activity lately and not only just here but other destinations with similar topic. Economy is pumping lately. Figured more involvement here would follow. Maybe i didnt get the memo from Mike in accounting 🤣
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Board activity slowdown...

I noticed this in the month of October. Even November. I think the 18th was most active approval day i had seen in awhile. If i made money like many here id be active as FICO😄✌🎄😎
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally posted in the Business Credit board as that's what I observed as slowing to a snails pace. Its like everyone disappeared. Hopefully not an omen of the overall economy. The main boards seem about as active as I recall. Still new here so this may just be the normal cycle. The OG's would know for sure.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there's a lot of cyclical behavior across all of the categories\subforums. If you look at the GC posts per month you can see a noticeable pattern of how the time of year affects general forum involvement.
Message 4 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Just an observation

Anecdotal at best, but have the number of threads in the Credit Cards Approval section dropped significantly?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 14
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just an observation

Like the actual number dropped or the amount of new posts in that forum have dropped?
Message 6 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I meant new posts, as in new posts in the approvals forum. I understand it is not scientific and the audience is mostly credit seeking.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:
Like the actual number dropped or the amount of new posts in that forum have dropped?

The number of new posts has dropped/

Message 8 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Probably New Year's resolutions.  Once THAT goes south, they'll pick back upSmiley LOL  (I could post mine butSmiley Sad....shameSmiley Tongue )

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

More issuers are adopting 5/24-type rules, which restrains or at least limits bonus hunters a bit.

Credit standards seem to be tightening a little (but are still very loose).

There hasn't been a FOTM card since Apple.

There wasn't the wave of increased SUBs around Nov/Dec seen in some past years.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.