Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Tax Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Tax Question

Is there an accountant in the house??  Ok.  Here's the problem.  I paid an accountant to file my taxes in 2007 and make 1099s for my company for Tax year 2006.  I got the 1099s and then sent in my new P&L so they could file my 2007 taxes this year.  I had called for a copy of my 2007 taxes and they said they mailed it to my home address.  I never got it.  I asked again in 2008 after I sent in the 2007 P&L.  Nothing.  I called to ask how much the bill would be this year to file my taxes and they transferred and disconnected me.  Ignored my phone calls etc.  So I decided to check with the IRS since it was getting kinda fishy.

They never filed my taxes.  So.  Im stuck with no taxes filed for 2006 and 2007.  I have read the tax form instructions but can't figure out were to put the expenses on form 1120.  You know, vehicle repairs, gasoline, car parts, phone bills, direct connect bills, etc. 

Im in NJ and afraid to trust another accounting firm.  Smiley Sad    Don't they have tax software for small businesses like the one from HR Block for personal taxes???  I don't wanna be trying to figure out where stuff goes.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Business Tax Question

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. They do have small business tax programs, but if I were you, I would get some referrals from friends for a good accountant. Surely not all accountants in NJ are scum.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im still looking and my even forgo the garlic necklace at a meeting.  Right now Im gun shy and may just file the darn things myself.  I did find a forum for corp tax questions so Im waiting for a reply.  Went looking for the software you said existed.  Smiley Happy  Thanks for the reply.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I take it you had a loss and didn't hand a tax payment over to them? I would also check with the licensing of the "accountant". Most states require that.

I'm not an accountant but do prepare 1120s, but would have a CPA certify it. We always created a separate schedule for the P&L and attached it to the 1120s.

We also use Quickbooks. Excellent for keeping track of things. There should be a feature that allows you to transfer the data into the 1120. I haven't used it as our accountant is old school and doesn't use a computer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.