cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caesars Diamond and MGM Gold both waive resort fees - Wyndham status matched to Diamond tier!

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Caesars Diamond and MGM Gold both waive resort fees - Wyndham status matched to Diamond tier!

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/caesars-diamond-mgm-rewards-gold/ 

So I saw this post on The Points Guy saying that Caesars and MGM are converting from M-Life to MGM Rewards program this month and they are waiving resort fees if you a Diamond Caesars or Gold MGM tier member.

I checked my Caesar's account and was at Gold tier. Smiley Frustrated

Caesar's tier system matches Wyndham Diamond tier (thanks to the Barclay's Earner+ Card).

Applied and now waiting for formal approval to Diamond status

Smiley LOL

Looks like our Vegas trip next month will be at Caesars without resort fees !Heart

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.23.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.24.48 AM.png

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Re: Caesars Diamond and MGM Gold both waive resort fees - Wyndham status matched to Diamond tier!

That's the only good thing about the "new" program. They absolutely gutted the earning structure.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 2 of 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Caesars Diamond and MGM Gold both waive resort fees - Wyndham status matched to Diamond tier!

They rolled it out before the official launch. Booked a room a bit back and there were no fees. MGM also extended my status which was supposed to end last month. This trip will make me Platinum. Need to look into the airline credits. Depending on what qualifies, paired with my Delta reserve companion pass, it could make 2 first class about $180

Message 3 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

Caesars status match?

Has anyone done a Caesars status match from Wyndham recently?  I was approved for the Wyndham Business Earner card  on Feb 23rd.  On Feb 24th, I saw the Diamond Status on my Wyndham account, and did a status match on Caesars website.  It still hasn't matched. 

Message 4 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/caesars-diamond-mgm-rewards-gold/ 

So I saw this post on The Points Guy saying that Caesars and MGM are converting from M-Life to MGM Rewards program this month and they are waiving resort fees if you a Diamond Caesars or Gold MGM tier member.

I checked my Caesar's account and was at Gold tier. Smiley Frustrated

Caesar's tier system matches Wyndham Diamond tier (thanks to the Barclay's Earner+ Card).

Applied and now waiting for formal approval to Diamond status

Smiley LOL

Looks like our Vegas trip next month will be at Caesars without resort fees !Heart

Have you gotten Diamond status yet?  I started the Wyndham to Caesars status match on Feb 24th, and still haven't gotten anything.  I've tried their twitter, and 2 different emails.  Twitter is the only response so far, but gives me generic answers with no real inquiries. 

Message 5 of 24
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Travel bloggers have been reporting that Caesar's recently updated their status match criteria to say that they will only match "earned" status.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 6 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

Travel bloggers have been reporting that Caesar's recently updated their status match criteria to say that they will only match "earned" status.

I heard that as well from other forums as well, I that Barclays Wyndham Business card is considered earned from what I'm reading as well.  To add, status match initiated 2/24, and still Gold as of 3/15.  Yesterday I posted on twitter and tagged Caesars rewards and they responded to DM them with my Wyndham and Caesars member numbers.  I'll give it another go.  Anyone else having issues with the status match?

Message 7 of 24
DONZI
Established Contributor

MGM Rewards <-> Hyatt || card granted status

I'm headed to sin city soon and have been digging up info about Las Vegas.

I've come across this MGM Rewards credit card from FNBO and read about the relationship with Hyatt.

I have the slight status upgrade to Hilton and Marriott from an amex. Have been with Hyatt's loyalty program since 1991 but it was dormant for a long time so nothing but basic status so far.

Anyhow, I read about status matching between MGM and Hyatt here, where the relationship between them is explained.

What occurred to me is that since I am close to 2 years of required gardening for a chase card, I could possibly snag one of the FNBO MGM cards and get the second level MGM status from a no fee card. Not particularly useful to me but... The status match information seems to imply that Hyatt will also match MGM Rewards in the following statement. (full info linked above)

EG: "MGM Rewards members are also eligible to opt-in for a matched World of Hyatt tier based on their earned Tier Status in MGM Rewards"

Maybe I am reading it wrong?

Does anyone know if the status tier matching is in fact either way?

..and status granted by a credit card is suitable for status matching?

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 8 of 24
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: MGM Rewards <-> Hyatt || card granted status

@DONZI wrote:

EG: "MGM Rewards members are also eligible to opt-in for a matched World of Hyatt tier based on their earned Tier Status in MGM Rewards"

I could be reading this wrong, but I interpret that statement to mean that only status earned through stays would be eligible for match.

Message 9 of 24
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: MGM Rewards <-> Hyatt || card granted status

Yes, "earned" stood out to me also.

IIRC, some card based status is considered earned... at least with certain fee based cards.

Aside from 'earned' being a little vague thus far with the context of a card granted status boost, MGM and Hyatt focus mainly on the Hyatt to MGM status matching. Hyatt doesn't appear to mention inbound status matching anywhere, where MGM mentions vaguely.

Unless I can uncover something more concrete in the T&C I guess that a phone call may provide more clarity.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.