Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver new look

tag
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested a replacement card on the 12th, and it got overnighted to me last night and was on my doorstep this morning. It feels a little more substantial than the old QS, but it looks stunning. This is how MY Visa (non-signature) looks. I'm sure the WEMC looks even better. One interesting thing I noticed is that it's contactless, something my old card wasn't. All the card info is on the back, and the mag stripe is located where the old Citi Prestige's was, so it should be interesting to see how cashiers handle this.   IMG_4856.JPGIMG_4857.JPG

It looks great! Thanks for the update.

Message 21 of 91
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@deltatee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested a replacement card on the 12th, and it got overnighted to me last night and was on my doorstep this morning. It feels a little more substantial than the old QS, but it looks stunning. This is how MY Visa (non-signature) looks. I'm sure the WEMC looks even better. One interesting thing I noticed is that it's contactless, something my old card wasn't. All the card info is on the back, and the mag stripe is located where the old Citi Prestige's was, so it should be interesting to see how cashiers handle this.   IMG_4856.JPGIMG_4857.JPG

It looks great! Thanks for the update.

Does it have raised lettering, smooth, or engraved like?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 22 of 91
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It looks flat, does the card have a matte or glossy finish? I want to see the Mastercard version of it.
Message 23 of 91
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm probably an outlier here, but I think I like the 'old' design better, although I'm sure the new design will grow on me in time.

As far as the front being upside-down, that I'm less enthusiastic about.  Smiley Frustrated

When using a card I like the experience to be as frictionless as possible (I want to pay, not discuss my card), and I know that in the past the folks who had cards with different layouts (i.e. Citi Prestige) sometimes reported confusion with clerks.

Since in time I'll have it regardless (actually, two of them) I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Message 24 of 91
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'm probably an outlier here, but I think I like the 'old' design better, although I'm sure the new design will grow on me in time.

As far as the front being upside-down, that I'm less enthusiastic about.  Smiley Frustrated

When using a card I like the experience to be as frictionless as possible (I want to pay, not discuss my card), and I know that in the past the folks who had cards with different layouts (i.e. Citi Prestige) sometimes reported confusion with clerks.

Since in time I'll have it regardless (actually, two of them) I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

I do agree that the strip on the bottom is probably going to be annoying every once in awhile.  That being said, I thought the old design was the ugliest card I've ever seen.

Message 25 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@deltatee wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I do agree that the strip on the bottom is probably going to be annoying every once in awhile.  That being said, I thought the old design was the ugliest card I've ever seen.

I actually like that the stripe is at the bottom. I generally store cards in my wallet upside down so tht i dont have to reorient the card in my hand before I swipe. Im already holding it by the opposing end to the stripe and can swipe very quickly. However this does make chip readers a little more cumbersome.

In regards to the old design, its not really bad but the new one is a marked improvement IMHO.

Message 26 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Venture One is also getting a slight makeover with the Chip reversed to the other side (upside down). 

Message 27 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I like this new design. I am old school so I have not been happy with this trend of un-embossed card numbers, card numbers on the back of the card, or my biggest pet peeve: vertical cards.

This looks really great though. I love that the "Visa" network is on the front; the Visa hologram is only the bird void of the square around the bird. I also like that Capital One is offering contactless. I'd like the card even more if it were embossed and the EMV chip was in the proper place LOL. Thanks for sharing the picture!

Message 28 of 91
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I actually like that the stripe is at the bottom. I generally store cards in my wallet upside down so tht i dont have to reorient the card in my hand before I swipe. Im already holding it by the opposing end to the stripe and can swipe very quickly. However this does make chip readers a little more cumbersome.

In regards to the old design, its not really bad but the new one is a marked improvement IMHO.

Agreed.

Message 29 of 91
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Anyone Else notice cap1 quicksilver has a new look to it or was it alrady posted?  Also appears they switched back to MC again?  Can they not make up their mind between MC and Visa??

www-quicksilver-mc-world-elite-generic-240x151.png

It's been back to being issued as a MasterCard and World Elite MasterCard for several months now. 

Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.