Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver new look

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I like this new design. I am old school so I have not been happy with this trend of un-embossed card numbers, card numbers on the back of the card, or my biggest pet peeve: vertical cards.

This looks really great though. I love that the "Visa" network is on the front; the Visa hologram is only the bird void of the square around the bird. I also like that Capital One is offering contactless. I'd like the card even more if it were embossed and the EMV chip was in the proper place LOL. Thanks for sharing the picture!

The EMV chip *is* in the proper place. It always is and it isn't a functional card if it isn't. The only thing different from how you expect it is the rest of the printing. The EMV chip is always the front right of the card, and the magnetic stripe is always the top back. Things might be printed upside down and/or backwards, as in this case. But the ISO 7813 standard specifies where the magnetic stripe and the EMV chip are placed, so they're never placed wrong... because they're what define the layout of the card.

@Anonymous wrote:
Forgive me if I sound harsh but what's so important about contactless if you have Apple Pay or Samsung pay to use. Is that sane thing ?

Yup, same thing. It has lost a lot of value with mobile payments, yes. But it's still always nice to be sure you can just tap your card. Plus, a lot of people prefer a card to a phone - by making contactless payment ubquitous regardless of form factor, it helps develop a mature contactless market with better acceptance for all contactless devices, and speeds checkout times.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 61 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I like this new design. I am old school so I have not been happy with this trend of un-embossed card numbers, card numbers on the back of the card, or my biggest pet peeve: vertical cards.

This looks really great though. I love that the "Visa" network is on the front; the Visa hologram is only the bird void of the square around the bird. I also like that Capital One is offering contactless. I'd like the card even more if it were embossed and the EMV chip was in the proper place LOL. Thanks for sharing the picture!

The EMV chip *is* in the proper place. It always is and it isn't a functional card if it isn't. The only thing different from how you expect it is the rest of the printing. The EMV chip is always the front right of the card, and the magnetic stripe is always the top back. Things might be printed upside down and/or backwards, as in this case. But the ISO 7813 standard specifies where the magnetic stripe and the EMV chip are placed, so they're never placed wrong... because they're what define the layout of the card.

@Anonymous wrote:
Forgive me if I sound harsh but what's so important about contactless if you have Apple Pay or Samsung pay to use. Is that sane thing ?

Yup, same thing. It has lost a lot of value with mobile payments, yes. But it's still always nice to be sure you can just tap your card. Plus, a lot of people prefer a card to a phone - by making contactless payment ubquitous regardless of form factor, it helps develop a mature contactless market with better acceptance for all contactless devices, and speeds checkout times.

Wow. I am not sure if you are actually trying to be helpful with this information or trying to get my goat. I am used to typing "YMMV" in my posts as an attempt to ward off would-be blowhards who like to argue or give some anecdotal evidence that what I said is untrue. But I certainly never expected to see someone let me know, several days later, that the EMV chip is in the correct place on the Capital One card-especially by someone named Nyancat-a flying Pop Tart bodied Japanese cat that sings an incessant meow meow meow melody. 

So excuuuuuuuuuuse me. The EMV chip on the new Capital One card is not in what has been, up until now-in the US, the normal spot. Better? 

Message 62 of 91
mxp114
Valued Contributor

CO_NATIVE wrote: 

So excuuuuuuuuuuse me. The EMV chip on the new Capital One card is not in what has been, up until now-in the US, the normal spot. Better? 

I agree with you, it is unusual placement of the chip and mag. While the user you quote is correct regarding it's the printing that is upside down, I agree they should've just looked at the spirit of what you meant regarding the location of these two components of the card. Anyway I love unusual designs, it's one of the reasons I love the previous Citi Prestige design with mag on front bottom and chip on back Smiley Wink 

In case you wondered, while we are on topic of industry terms that hologram you like so much is called the Silhouetted Visa Dove Design Hologram Mark. I really like it too, and wish more cards used it like CSR. I think it looks much nicer. 

Message 63 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to beat a dead horse if it's already been answered here, but does anyone know if current quicksilver card holders requesting a replacment card will get the new design? Been hearing mixed answers. I believe someone said the rep on the phone said it's only for upgrades or new account holders? But then again, didn't someone on here get the new design by requesting a replacment card already? Any clear cut answers? My QS peeling, its been about 2 years and I'm due for a replacment, I definitely hope it will be the new design. I see why not, since the pics are up on their official site already. 

Message 64 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

not to beat a dead horse if it's already been answered here, but does anyone know if current quicksilver card holders requesting a replacment card will get the new design? Been hearing mixed answers. I believe someone said the rep on the phone said it's only for upgrades or new account holders? But then again, didn't someone on here get the new design by requesting a replacment card already? Any clear cut answers? My QS peeling, its been about 2 years and I'm due for a replacment, I definitely hope it will be the new design. I see why not, since the pics are up on their official site already. 

I requested a replacement and got the new design.

Message 65 of 91
joesbrat67
Contributor

To add further context:

I had my Platinum QS MC upgraded to a QS WMC as of early last week.  They were supposed to mail me the new card, which I guess they did as of last Friday.  In the interim, I got a replacement of my current card (which I didnt ask for or need), and it was sent as tbe contactless version.  The correct version should (hopefully) be in-hand in the next few days.

Not sure if that helps, but I suspect that any new cards - replacement or otherwise - would be sent as the contactless version with the new design.

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 66 of 91
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I finally got the contactless replacement card today. 17 days after I requested it.

Message 67 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a note I got my updated card a week ago, and I requested it by chat on the Cap1 site.  I specifically asked if I could please get a new contlactless card as I understood contactless was now an option.  He checked and said no problem, he could get one right out to me and he was true to his word as I had the new card in 4-5 days.

Love the new design, vastly better than the old one.  Mine is the Mastercard version and it looks very good to me anyway.

Message 68 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a Visa Signature in the new deisgn? Are there any pics out there with the VS on it?

Message 69 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got my new quicksilver one. It looks amazing, just like all the others but with one. I just found out a big downside to QSone though. It is missing the contactless feature. Which is okay, but it's always nice to get that other way to pay.
Message 70 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.