cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver new look

Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

I did call back this morning to discuss the upgrade and, as it turns out, I'm eligible to upgrade to the WMC QS, not the WEMC QS.  I worked with an account specialist, who went through the list of both WMC and WEMC benefits.  From what we found, there's not much difference.

 

She, too, mentioned that getting the WEMC version would require applying for the card.  What we did determine is that the wording on the website for the new QS card is that it eludes to the notion that ALL QS cards issued now have WEMC benefits.  There is no disclaimer noted anywhere that we could find that states that the WEMC issuance is based on creditworthiness.  She said that she would take this back to her product team for further discussion.  I'll be shocked if they actually update the site with the disclaimer.

 

Long story short - they're upgrading me to the WMC, but I suspect that a product change to the WEMC from this point would only be a matter of being on the WMC for a period of time.  I think the rub is that it's probably easier to convert from WMC to WEMC than it is to convert from Platinum to WEMC, based on their current underwriting guidelines.  Of course, that's an assumption...but time will tell!








Scores as of 05/09/2018: 825 - EQ, 833 - TU, 821 - EX
Message 51 of 91
New Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

Is anyone else still waiting on their replacement Quicksilver?  I requested one several business days ago, but I still haven't been told it's shipped.

Message 52 of 91
New Member

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

SO, quick notice for everyone. I am not quite sure of the reason or how this happened, but I requested a new QSone, claiming my old one "broke" etc. Well I received a replacement of the old design today. anyone kno why this would happen? Im a bit dissapointed to be honest. 

Message 53 of 91
Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

Not sure why that happened, but I have to wonder if those who have a "legacy" version of the card will be relegated to using the old card style.  It might be worth contacting CS and asking.








Scores as of 05/09/2018: 825 - EQ, 833 - TU, 821 - EX
Message 54 of 91
Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look


cms614 wrote:

SO, quick notice for everyone. I am not quite sure of the reason or how this happened, but I requested a new QSone, claiming my old one "broke" etc. Well I received a replacement of the old design today. anyone kno why this would happen? Im a bit dissapointed to be honest. 


I just got my replacement card today. My replacement card is the same old design too. I called the number on the back to ask why I did not get the new contactless version of Quicksilver. The agent put me on hold for about 1 minute and then came back to say the new verison will be on its way to me. Why don't they automatically send it out the new version when ordered online is beyond me.

Amex BCP | Fidelity Rewards | NFCU GoRewards | FNBO TravElite | Capital One Savor
In Sock Drawer: Discover it, Barclays Arrival
FICO 08 as of May 2018 - EX767, TU831, EQ773
Message 55 of 91
New Member

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look


Jetboy wrote:

cms614 wrote:

SO, quick notice for everyone. I am not quite sure of the reason or how this happened, but I requested a new QSone, claiming my old one "broke" etc. Well I received a replacement of the old design today. anyone kno why this would happen? Im a bit dissapointed to be honest. 


I just got my replacement card today. My replacement card is the same old design too. I called the number on the back to ask why I did not get the new contactless version of Quicksilver. The agent put me on hold for about 1 minute and then came back to say the new verison will be on its way to me. Why don't they automatically send it out the new version when ordered online is beyond me.


Good to know, I requeste another one claiming the mag strip wasnt working. Well we will see! Interesting process capital one... My Boyfriend has a WEMC QS and had the same thing happen to him. 

Message 56 of 91
Established Member

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

Liking the new look as well. Been wanting a QS even though not really needed.
Current FICO 8 Scores: EX 755 | EQ 763 | TU 783

AMEX Platinum - NPSL | AMEX BCE - $25,000 | BOA Cash Rewards VS - $24,800 | Citi DC WEMC - $20,000 | BOA Premium Rewards VS - $18,000 | Discover It - $14,900 | Capital One Quicksilver WEMC - $13,500 | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS - $10,500 | PayPal Cash Back MC - $10,000 | Amazon Prime Rewards VS - $9,000 | Best Buy VS - $7,500 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise VS - $7,000 | US Bank Cash+ VS - $5,000
Message 57 of 91
New Member

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

Jetboy, let me know what haoorns with yours. Mine was again the only one Smiley Sad
Message 58 of 91
Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look


cms614 wrote:
Jetboy, let me know what haoorns with yours. Mine was again the only one Smiley Sad

So they sent you the old version?

I am still waiting on the replacement card.

I hope I get the new contactless version.

Amex BCP | Fidelity Rewards | NFCU GoRewards | FNBO TravElite | Capital One Savor
In Sock Drawer: Discover it, Barclays Arrival
FICO 08 as of May 2018 - EX767, TU831, EQ773
Message 59 of 91
Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver new look

I am still waiting on the replacemnet card. Fingers are crossed that they send the right one this time. Maybe tomorrow it will come in the mail.

Amex BCP | Fidelity Rewards | NFCU GoRewards | FNBO TravElite | Capital One Savor
In Sock Drawer: Discover it, Barclays Arrival
FICO 08 as of May 2018 - EX767, TU831, EQ773
Message 60 of 91