Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Cafe Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Cafe Experience

For the first time ever, while traveling, I walked by a Capital One Cafe. While I didn't have time to stop in and buy anything, I did step in for a moment. Looks really nice! Has anybody been there?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Cafe Experience

Yes.  I actually frequent a couple here in the Los Angeles area.   It sounded like a lame gimmick at first, like they just threw a coffee shop inside a  Capital One marketing branch, with the Capital One tie in being all but pointless, since they don't offer any bank counter services, you can do everything online and find the ATM's elsewhere for cash.  But the thing that made got me to pay attention is the 50% off of all Peet's Coffee (primarily west coast chain for those unfamiliar) "hand crafted" beverages for Capital One card holders.  They are essentially franchise counters, so they have the full beverage menu including the seasonal beverages. This is a great perk if you are a coffee shop person - coffees, espressos, lattes for basically 1990's prices. 

Also, if you happen to work/study at coffee shops, they have a ton of seating and tables, basically a coworking space vibe, way better than say starbucks or the average coffee shop for sitting there on a laptop.

Message 2 of 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I think they had one at some point here in Atlanta but when I found out about it it had already closed Smiley Sad     I was very excited to go but I hope they open a new location so I can go!

Message 3 of 6
iced
Valued Contributor

When I saw them first popping up around here, the first thing I thought was "woohoo! another coffee chain that caters to the pretentious hipster writing his/her next blog entry on a Macbook..."

The second thing I thought was why they thought this was a market that needed a new player, with no less than Starbucks, Peet's, Caffe Nero, Dunn Brothers, Gloria Jean's, Caffe Ben...oh, they serve Peet's.

So... it's really just another Peet's with a Cap One logo slapped on the sign. 

Message 4 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Can you get quarters at Cap 1 cafes?

They keep turning my branches into non-teller branches and I need quarters for my laundry.

Seriously about to switch banks over this.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@iced wrote:

When I saw them first popping up around here, the first thing I thought was "woohoo! another coffee chain that caters to the pretentious hipster writing his/her next blog entry on a Macbook..."

The second thing I thought was why they thought this was a market that needed a new player, with no less than Starbucks, Peet's, Caffe Nero, Dunn Brothers, Gloria Jean's, Caffe Ben...oh, they serve Peet's.

So... it's really just another Peet's with a Cap One logo slapped on the sign. 

But with the logo comes a 50% price cut, so well worth it!  My daughter now uses one as her main coffee shop

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.