Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Just Sent Me A Check In The Mail

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Just Sent Me A Check In The Mail

Got all excited today when I realized the mail from Capital One looked like it could be a check 😊!

Sure enough as I opened it I saw that beautiful watermark green and tamper proof blue 😁.

The words "Pay to the Order of ..." felt sooooo good to see especially since I have a secured card with them now for like... three years. 

I ripped that thing open the rest of the way so fast and BAM, there it was...

$0.03 😳😳😳🤨

*sigh 

Oh well onward towards the digital deposit I go.  (What? Did you think I was going to NOT get that 3 cents from Cap1?) Ummmmmm YES PLEASE! 🤣

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Just Sent Me A Check In The Mail

Congratulations on your check. Put those 3 pennies to work. 😂
Message 2 of 5
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

My 2 cents is your 3 cents won't go very far. Smiley Wink Smiley LOL

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 3 of 5
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Got all excited today when I realized the mail from Capital One looked like it could be a check 😊!

Sure enough as I opened it I saw that beautiful watermark green and tamper proof blue 😁.

The words "Pay to the Order of ..." felt sooooo good to see especially since I have a secured card with them now for like... three years. 

I ripped that thing open the rest of the way so fast and BAM, there it was...

$0.03 😳😳😳🤨

*sigh 

Oh well onward towards the digital deposit I go.  (What? Did you think I was going to NOT get that 3 cents from Cap1?) Ummmmmm YES PLEASE! 🤣

Too funny, I just recently had to submit an expense report for $0.03 to cover a cloud services charge on my corporate card issued by Citi.  I guess Citi decided they didn't want to muck about with the payment, passed it over to CapOne, and they in turn sent you a check for the amount.  Sounds like a very efficient process, no wonder why banks make so much money.  Smiley Tongue

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 4 of 5
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Now I feel better about depositing my $1.52 check from BoA today Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.